Re: Looking for Birth, Death, Marriage Records for Dubovica, Slovakia area.

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2013
      >>> I'm looking for any information on Dubovica area regrading birth,death,marriage. <<<

      Which religion?
    • MGMojher
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2013
        V obci DUBOVICA (okr. PREŠOV) sa v roku 1995 nachádzali najčastejšie tieto priezviská: MOLČAN 72×; MOLČANOVÁ 60×; BAŇAS 42×; MIŽENKO 41×; BAŇASOVÁ 39×; MIŽENKOVÁ 36×; CEPERKOVÁ 29×; CEPERKO 21×; MARTOŇÁKOVÁ 21×; SABOLÍK 21×; CIFRA 20×; HUDÁK 19×; LIPOVSKÝ 19×; OSLOVIČ 18×; KRIŽALKOVIČOVÁ 18×; MARTOŇÁK 18×;

        The above is some surnames found in Dubovica during the 1995 Slovak census. I think you will find see some familiar ones.

        Here are the names Dubovica has been known by.
        Dubovica SB/PV šariš. po 1877 pričl. o. Petrovenec.
        1773 Dobó, Dobo, Dubowicza, 1786 Dobo, Dubowicza, 1808 Dobó, Dubowice, Dubowec, 1863 Dóbó, 1873–1902 Dobó, 1907–1913 Tarcadobó, 1920– Dubovica

        Here is the link to the online records for Dubovica.
        https://familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A%2F%2Ffamilysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fwaypoint%2FM9MJ-KLR%3An1496887%3Fcc%3D1554443