Re: [S-R] Re: Family Search on-line records

  • Nick Kerpchar
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2013
      Thanks Ron and best wishes that 2013 will be a good year for you and yours.  I guess the challenge is what system to use in filing these villages ... under the current counties or the old counties under which the records were originally written.  Personally, I would file records under the geographic name they originated under.  And yes, there are those who may say that it is impossible to do so as the Austro-Hungarian Empire no longer exists.  Well, to that I would reply to have a file heading of Austro-Hungarian Empire.  But, no matter.  I will be happy if I can find the village and thankful the data is digitized.
      Nick

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
        https://familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A%2F%2Ffamilysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fwaypoint%2FM9MJ-FLN%3An1376078761%3Fcc%3D1554443

        This is a link to the Greek Catholic parishes in the district of Sabinov, where Circ and Ruska Vols nad Popradom are located. Circ is listed, since Ruska VnP is so near I think that is was most likely an affiliated parish to Circ.

        My ancestral village of Hromos is not far away. I have been to Circ during my trips to Slovakia.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
          Yes, you are absolutely correct.  Thank you.