Re: [S-R] Plicka vs Plichta Surname

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 38 , Dec 29, 2012
      Frank,

      No connection.  Too bad though, he was an extremely talented and versatile man, a relative to brag about.

      Z Bohom,

      Vilo

      ________________________________
      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
      ] On
      Behalf Of lickridge
      Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:50 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>

      Alan,

      I'm beginning to wonder if "Spishok" is the author's phonetic spelling of
      the term, with a bit of Americanization thrown in.

      At least I can assume it refers to this part of Slovakia.

      -Mary Ellen

      <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>

      Message 38 of 38 , Dec 29, 2012
        Vilo,

        Thanks for the suggestion.

        Maybe some day all of the pieces will fall together.

        Frank

        _____

        From: Frank R Plichta <frank.r.plichta@...

        From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>