[S-R] Re: identify this town?

  • t.salony
    Message 1 of 38 , Dec 29, 2012
      Mary Ellen,

      The very last thing I would want to do is discourage you. However, I have the feeling that you are basing your questions/replies on only info that you have received from a relative, not any actual records that you yourself have seen?

      Just as a first step,who are the members of "...the family immigrated through Ellis Island in 1903 and settled in Northeastern Pennsylvania", and have you actually seen the passenger manifest?
      As John asks,"Which of the 1903 entries are your family? There are likely to be clues to the
      village of origin on Ellis Island records."

      TOM

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@...> wrote:

      > Tom,
      >
      > We know the family immigrated through Ellis Island in 1903 and settled in Northeastern Pennsylvania. The other GONDAs you found may be related, but I don't have enough information about our family in Slovakia to determine at this time. I'll certainly keep this on the back burner...it may fit in somewhere.
      >
      > -Mary Ellen
      >

      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "t.salony" <t.salony@> wrote:
      > >
      > > And, if you search Ellis Island using the Morse gold form,
      > >
      > > http://stevemorse.org/ellis2/ellisgold.html ,
      > >
      > > using only GONDA as a sole search term, you get a list of 343 manifest records! Just an extremely quick glance shows at least a couple GONDA families going to Oneida, Pa, in Schuylkill County northeast PA, near Hazelton. Might these be where yours went?
      > >
      > > TOM
      > >
      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "t.salony" <t.salony@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Mary Ellen,
      > > >
      > > > Maybe you have already used the Cisarik site, but if not, here is the link for present day ZAKAROVCE:
      > > > http://www.cisarik.com/0_Zakarovce_Gelnica_KI_Szepes_Spis.html
      > > >
      > > > TOM

    • Frank R Plichta
      Message 38 of 38 , Dec 29, 2012
        Vilo,

        Thanks for the suggestion.

        Maybe some day all of the pieces will fall together.

        Frank

        _____

        From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
        ] On
        Behalf Of William C. Wormuth
        Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 1:31 PM
        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: Re: [S-R] identify this town?

        Frank,

        Do you have a copy of the Book SLOVENSKO vo fotografii by Karola Plichta
        Frank Plichta, 1949?
        Contact me on Slovak -World.

        Z Bohom,

        Vilo

        “Searching the world for PLICHTAs”

        Request ANY information about ANY Plichta from ANY place and at ANY time in
        history.

        From: Frank R Plichta <frank.r.plichta@...
        <mailto:frank.r.plichta%40earthlink.net>
        From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
        <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>