[S-R] Re: identify this town?

  • lickridge
    Message 1 of 38 , Dec 29, 2012
      The Roman Catholic records at that link end at 1793. Page 11 of the film says "To Be Continued". Is there a link to the continuation?

      At this point, I would like to find information from the 1890s. Specifically, I am hoping to find my grandmother's baptismal record (b. 1897) and/or her parent's marriage record (I have no date, but know my GM was their first born).

      I thought the family was Greek Catholic, but maybe not. The link to the GC records for Kojsov end in 1896, and contained nothing that seems to be the marriage record for my GM's parents.

      If this search fails, I may try to track my GGP's baptismal records. Our information indicates they were born in 1875.

      -Mary Ellen

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "MGMojher" <mgmojher@...> wrote:

      > The names Zakarovce has been known by:
      > Žakarovce GL/KI spiš. (okres Gelnica in Kosice kraj) Formally in the Hungarian county of Spis.
      > 1773 Zakarocz, Zakarowetz, Zekarowcze [!], 1786 Zakarócz, 1808 Zsakarócz, Schakarowitz, Žakarowce, 1863 Zsakaroc, 1873â€"1888 Zsakaróc, 1892â€"1902 Zakárfalu, 1907â€"1913 Zakárfalva, 1920â€" Žakarovce
      >
      > In the 1995 Slovak Census Gonda had 1261 listings in 267 locations. Those in the district of Spisska Nova Ves in the top 10 places are listed.
      > Priezvisko GONDA sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 1261×, celkový počet lokalít: 267, najčastejšie výskyty v lokalitách:
      > SPIÅ SKÁ NOVÁ VES, okr. SPIÅ SKÁ NOVÁ VES â€" 62×;
      > DOMAŇOVCE, okr. SPIÅ SKÁ NOVÁ VES (od r. 1996 LEVOČA) â€" 38×;
      > BYSTRANY, okr. SPIÅ SKÁ NOVÁ VES â€" 22×;
      > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22658-10059-65?cc=1554443&wc=MM17-3HB:192312539 Link to the Zakarovce Roman Catholic Records, 1787-1827 (13 pages).

    • Frank R Plichta
      Message 38 of 38 , Dec 29, 2012
        Vilo,

        Thanks for the suggestion.

        Maybe some day all of the pieces will fall together.

        Frank

        _____

        From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
        ] On
        Behalf Of William C. Wormuth
        Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 1:31 PM
        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: Re: [S-R] identify this town?

        Frank,

        Do you have a copy of the Book SLOVENSKO vo fotografii by Karola Plichta
        Frank Plichta, 1949?
        Contact me on Slovak -World.

        Z Bohom,

        Vilo

        “Searching the world for PLICHTAs”

        Request ANY information about ANY Plichta from ANY place and at ANY time in
        history.

        From: Frank R Plichta <frank.r.plichta@...
        <mailto:frank.r.plichta%40earthlink.net>
        From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
        <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>