Re: [S-R] Re: Kis Hnilecz Potok

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 28, 2012
      You Might use the The Slovak Spelling: S~irilla or S~irila instead of German Schrilla.

      I found both in Ellis Island records and most are from Porac~ [Poh-rrahch], just north of Novic~ky.

      Z Bohom,

      Viilo

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 29, 2012
        >>> The family on the House 90 census page for Kis Hnilecz (Hnilcik) is not my ancestor. I'm looking for last name Schirilla. <<<

        It would only take about 30 minutes to look through all 117 houses in Hnilcik 1869 census. Have you done that? Does Sirilla appear?
      • William
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 29, 2012
          On 12/29/2012 8:08 AM, John wrote:

          > is not my ancestor. I'm looking for last name Schirilla. <<<
          >
          > It would only take about 30 minutes to look through all 117 houses in
          > Hnilcik 1869 census. Have you done that? Does Sirilla appear?

          you might try contacting Ken Shirilla at www.simplyslavic.org.

          Bill Brna