Re: Kis Hnilecz Potok

  • John
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 28, 2012
      >>> On my ggrandfather's marriage record his place of residence is listed as Kis Hnilecz Potok 90. <<<

      Potok = the little brook

      The 1869 Hungarian census:
      Kis Hnilécz (Hnilčík) Film #2162287 Item 3

      House 90 census page:
      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-28477-10690-41?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-H5K:1407712222
    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 28, 2012
        Sue,

        I do believe you are correct.

        There are 2 Towns with that name : One Hnilc~ik [Hneel-cheek] (Kis Hnilecz [Keesh Hneelets]) and the other Hnilec [Hneel-ets] Nagyhnylec  [Nadhhnee-leets], Iglovegyhely [Eegluh-vedhhehlee].  The towns are only 15 km, (16 minutes apart).

        This was very interesting.

        Z Bohom,

        Vilo

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 28, 2012
          Thank you for the replies regarding my search. The family on the House 90 census page for Kis Hnilecz (Hnilcik) is not my ancestor. I'm looking for last name Schirilla.
          Does anyone have the address for the state archives so I could write and ask where this town is numerated?

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 28, 2012
            Please include Full Name and Approx date of Birth

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 28, 2012
              You Might use the The Slovak Spelling: S~irilla or S~irila instead of German Schrilla.

              I found both in Ellis Island records and most are from Porac~ [Poh-rrahch], just north of Novic~ky.

              Z Bohom,

              Viilo

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 29, 2012
                >>> The family on the House 90 census page for Kis Hnilecz (Hnilcik) is not my ancestor. I'm looking for last name Schirilla. <<<

                It would only take about 30 minutes to look through all 117 houses in Hnilcik 1869 census. Have you done that? Does Sirilla appear?
              • William
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 29, 2012
                  On 12/29/2012 8:08 AM, John wrote:

                  > is not my ancestor. I'm looking for last name Schirilla. <<<
                  >
                  > It would only take about 30 minutes to look through all 117 houses in
                  > Hnilcik 1869 census. Have you done that? Does Sirilla appear?

                  you might try contacting Ken Shirilla at www.simplyslavic.org.

                  Bill Brna