RE: [S-R] Kis Hnilecz Potok

  • Sue Martin
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 28, 2012
      It's in Szepes Megye, formerly in Hungary and now in Slovakia. Potok means 'stream,' so I assume that it's a part of Hnilcik.

      Sue

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 28, 2012
        >>> On my ggrandfather's marriage record his place of residence is listed as Kis Hnilecz Potok 90. <<<

        Potok = the little brook

        The 1869 Hungarian census:
        Kis Hnilécz (Hnilčík) Film #2162287 Item 3

        House 90 census page:
        https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-28477-10690-41?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-H5K:1407712222
      • William C. Wormuth
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 28, 2012
          Sue,

          I do believe you are correct.

          There are 2 Towns with that name : One Hnilc~ik [Hneel-cheek] (Kis Hnilecz [Keesh Hneelets]) and the other Hnilec [Hneel-ets] Nagyhnylec  [Nadhhnee-leets], Iglovegyhely [Eegluh-vedhhehlee].  The towns are only 15 km, (16 minutes apart).

          This was very interesting.

          Z Bohom,

          Vilo

          ________________________________
          It's in Szepes Megye, formerly in Hungary and now in Slovakia. Potok means 'stream,' so I assume that it's a part of Hnilcik.

          Sue

          On my ggrandfather's marriage record his place of residence is listed as Kis Hnilecz Potok 90. I have searched the census film for Kis Hnilecz (Hnilcik) but found nothing. I see on old maps that there are 2 places named Kis Hnilecz and one is bigger than the other. How can I find out where Kis Hnilecz Potok is located in the 1869 census.
          Thank you

        • lovadina_karen
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 28, 2012
            Thank you for the replies regarding my search. The family on the House 90 census page for Kis Hnilecz (Hnilcik) is not my ancestor. I'm looking for last name Schirilla.
            Does anyone have the address for the state archives so I could write and ask where this town is numerated?

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 28, 2012
              Please include Full Name and Approx date of Birth

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 28, 2012
                You Might use the The Slovak Spelling: S~irilla or S~irila instead of German Schrilla.

                I found both in Ellis Island records and most are from Porac~ [Poh-rrahch], just north of Novic~ky.

                Z Bohom,

                Viilo

                ________________________________
                Thank you for the replies regarding my search. The family on the House 90 census page for Kis Hnilecz (Hnilcik) is not my ancestor. I'm looking for last name Schirilla.
                Does anyone have the address for the state archives so I could write and ask where this town is numerated?

                > Potok = the little brook
                >
                > The 1869 Hungarian census:
                > Kis Hnilécz (Hnilčík) Film #2162287 Item 3
                >
                > House 90 census page:
                > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-28477-10690-41?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-H5K:1407712222

              • John
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 29, 2012
                  >>> The family on the House 90 census page for Kis Hnilecz (Hnilcik) is not my ancestor. I'm looking for last name Schirilla. <<<

                  It would only take about 30 minutes to look through all 117 houses in Hnilcik 1869 census. Have you done that? Does Sirilla appear?
                • William
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 29, 2012
                    On 12/29/2012 8:08 AM, John wrote:

                    > is not my ancestor. I'm looking for last name Schirilla. <<<
                    >
                    > It would only take about 30 minutes to look through all 117 houses in
                    > Hnilcik 1869 census. Have you done that? Does Sirilla appear?

                    you might try contacting Ken Shirilla at www.simplyslavic.org.

                    Bill Brna