Re: [S-R] Need help decifering place name

  • Robert Pollak
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 22, 2012
      Thank you for the information.    I am quite familiar with the location around Roznava.  Some of my ancestors came from Kovacova and then moved to Krasnohorske Podhradie.  In the 1800's it was known as Krasnohorske Podhradie Varallya or just Varallya.   I never knew the 'old' names of the towns in that area until I found Juraj Cisarik's website.
      Ironically, I passed through Kranohorske Dlha Luka and Jovice last April on my way from Lipovnik to Gemerska Horka.   Paca is just North of Krasnohorske Podhradie.   I still have a cousin living in Lipovnik (or Harskut in Hungarian).
      I now have another possibility where Maria Vittek may have come from.

      Thanks to all who have provided me with possibilities.

      Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all !

      Bob Pollak