OT: Czech recipe help please

  • Ron and Luanne Angelo Family
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 20, 2012
      I know this is off-topic (and I don't remember the name of the other
      Czech-Slovak groups to join and ask), but perhaps someone can help me
      with English measurement recipes. We have a foreign exchange student
      from Brno, Czech (her grandma lives 2 villages away from where we've
      traced my husband's family in Slovakia). Her mom sent me recipes, but
      all metric (grams, etc) and of course, in Czech. I can do some in
      Google translate, but If ANY of you have the following recipes (or ones
      very similar) using cups and in English, please private e-mail me them.
      It would make her Christmas. :)
      Here are the ones Paja's mom sent me:

      Kavove Zrna
      Pernicky, Ktere jsou hned mekke
      Linecke kolieska
      Maizenove tycinky
      vianocny orechovy pletenec
      plneny pletenec

      Thanks so much!
      Luanne = kodipup@...
    • Nick
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 20, 2012
        > Try looking them up on Babara Rolek's web page

        >http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/

        Regards
        Nick
      • William C. Wormuth
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 20, 2012
          Google each title.  Click on translate for recipe.  You have a choice to select the most readable one.

          You might like to google a recipe conversion.

          Z Bohom,

          Vilo

          ________________________________
          > Try looking them up on Babara Rolek's web page

          >http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/

          Regards
          Nick

        • vera holman
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 20, 2012
            Hello Nick,
            I subscribe to the news letter of Slovak Cooking, here is the site.

            lubos@slovakcooking,com

            Hope this helps.
            Enjoy,
            Vera