Re: [S-R] Help with a record

  • Robert Pollak
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 18, 2012
      Thank you for the information about possible places where Maria Lived.  It gives me more places to search.     One of the records listed her father's name as Venceslaus.  I found a Venceslaus Vittek in Dorna Krupa, Trnava.

      Thanks again to all who helped and provided very useful information.

      A Merry Christmas to all

      Bob Pollak

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 20, 2012
        I know this is off-topic (and I don't remember the name of the other
        Czech-Slovak groups to join and ask), but perhaps someone can help me
        with English measurement recipes. We have a foreign exchange student
        from Brno, Czech (her grandma lives 2 villages away from where we've
        traced my husband's family in Slovakia). Her mom sent me recipes, but
        all metric (grams, etc) and of course, in Czech. I can do some in
        Google translate, but If ANY of you have the following recipes (or ones
        very similar) using cups and in English, please private e-mail me them.
        It would make her Christmas. :)
        Here are the ones Paja's mom sent me:

        Kavove Zrna
        Pernicky, Ktere jsou hned mekke
        Linecke kolieska
        Maizenove tycinky
        vianocny orechovy pletenec
        plneny pletenec

        Thanks so much!
        Luanne = kodipup@...
      • Nick
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 20, 2012
          > Try looking them up on Babara Rolek's web page

          >http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/

          Regards
          Nick
        • William C. Wormuth
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 20, 2012
            Google each title.  Click on translate for recipe.  You have a choice to select the most readable one.

            You might like to google a recipe conversion.

            Z Bohom,

            Vilo

            ________________________________
            > Try looking them up on Babara Rolek's web page

            >http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/

            Regards
            Nick

          • vera holman
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 20, 2012
              Hello Nick,
              I subscribe to the news letter of Slovak Cooking, here is the site.

              lubos@slovakcooking,com

              Hope this helps.
              Enjoy,
              Vera