Re: [S-R] Help with a record

  • htcstech
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 18, 2012
      Maria had a number of children with Michael Slovak (according to the LDS
      index) in Rožňava,​ Slovakia. 4 Maria's in fact! - the last one born in
      1841, but her name was mis-indexed as SITTEK.

      Also, check the residence columns. At her marriage, she was not resident in
      Varallya, but another place which I can't read. I think it is Lessco. or
      Lesfco. probably shortened. In her next marriage, her residence was Lukacovce
      I think. That could be a reason for why you can't find birth records for
      her.

      Peter M.

    • Robert Pollak
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 18, 2012
        Thank you for the information about possible places where Maria Lived.  It gives me more places to search.     One of the records listed her father's name as Venceslaus.  I found a Venceslaus Vittek in Dorna Krupa, Trnava.

        Thanks again to all who helped and provided very useful information.

        A Merry Christmas to all

        Bob Pollak

        ________________________________
        Maria had a number of children with Michael Slovak (according to the LDS
        index) in Rožňava,​ Slovakia. 4 Maria's in fact! - the last one born in
        1841, but her name was mis-indexed as SITTEK.

        Also, check the residence columns. At her marriage, she was not resident in
        Varallya, but another place which I can't read. I think it is Lessco. or
        Lesfco. probably shortened. In her next marriage, her residence was Lukacovce
        I think. That could be a reason for why you can't find birth records for
        her.

        Peter M.

        On 19 December 2012 09:58, Ladislav Rosival <lacoros@...> wrote:

        > The marriage on February 6, 1850 is between Gyurkovits Jósef and Vitek
        > Maria
        > widow of Szlovák Mihály. It is not "Pro" but "Özv." (O with two points over
        > it), from hungarian "özvegye" - özvegy is widow, özvegye is "widow of". In
        > the column parents there is József - Szalay Juliana (most probably the
        > parrents of Gyurkovits Jósef) and a Venczel - probably the father of Maria.
        >

        > In the 1831 entry the father of Vitek Maria is Venceslaus Vitek. There is a
        > difference of 10 years (in 1831 she was 19, in 1850 she was 30). Hard to
        > say
        > who is who.
        >

        > Ladislav

      • Ron and Luanne Angelo Family
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 20, 2012
          I know this is off-topic (and I don't remember the name of the other
          Czech-Slovak groups to join and ask), but perhaps someone can help me
          with English measurement recipes. We have a foreign exchange student
          from Brno, Czech (her grandma lives 2 villages away from where we've
          traced my husband's family in Slovakia). Her mom sent me recipes, but
          all metric (grams, etc) and of course, in Czech. I can do some in
          Google translate, but If ANY of you have the following recipes (or ones
          very similar) using cups and in English, please private e-mail me them.
          It would make her Christmas. :)
          Here are the ones Paja's mom sent me:

          Kavove Zrna
          Pernicky, Ktere jsou hned mekke
          Linecke kolieska
          Maizenove tycinky
          vianocny orechovy pletenec
          plneny pletenec

          Thanks so much!
          Luanne = kodipup@...
        • Nick
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 20, 2012
            > Try looking them up on Babara Rolek's web page

            >http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/

            Regards
            Nick
          • William C. Wormuth
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 20, 2012
              Google each title.  Click on translate for recipe.  You have a choice to select the most readable one.

              You might like to google a recipe conversion.

              Z Bohom,

              Vilo

              ________________________________
              > Try looking them up on Babara Rolek's web page

              >http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/

              Regards
              Nick

            • vera holman
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 20, 2012
                Hello Nick,
                I subscribe to the news letter of Slovak Cooking, here is the site.

                lubos@slovakcooking,com

                Hope this helps.
                Enjoy,
                Vera