Re: Translation Help - Maria Janossy

  • William
    Message 1 of 59 , Dec 15, 2012
      Curt,
      Sorry about the poor data. Lesson learned. Reference your question - it is not sequential.
      1809 Marriage Record uses Maria Janossy
      1810 Baptism record for first child uses Janossy
      1812 Baptism record uses "Maria uxor ejus" (I am familiar with this one)
      1813 Baptism record uses Maria and what looks like "Kacmar"
      1816 Baptism record uses Maria "g.eselo Kacma" or something close to that.
      1818 Baptism record uses Maria Janossy
      1819, 1821, 1823, 1825 1827 all use either Janossy or Janosik. Janossy is the predominant spelling.
      1831 uses what looks like "Sz.axi Krcma." And that is the last entry.

      Based on the above sequence I have doubts about it being a former name but rather an abbreviation for something. If so, It should probably be latin. Perhaps we have beaten this one to death. Appreciate your insights just the same.
      R/Bill

      > Bill,
      > Well, getting that information from you was like pulling teeth. Now that we see them online we can see that the priest just thinks that the former name Krchma is the name that best describes her. Do the registers change at particular time from Janossy to Krcma?? Or do they go back and forth sequentially? If they change at a particular time it may be a new wife named Maria. If they go back and forth, it remains a mystery as to why the priest thinks that name best describes his wife.
      >
      > Curt B.
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "William" <wsmorey@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Curt,
      > > Again, thanks for the reply. Apologize for not providing more complete information.
      > > Yes, Film 1791929 for Zehra is the one I'm referring to. It is listed as:
      > >
      > > Cirkevná matrika, 1646-1948 / Rímsko-katolícka cirkev. Farský úrad Žehra (Spišská Nová Ves). Items 6-7. Specifically it is a Baptism record for Anna on 17 December 1813. Parents are Mathias Czmorej and Maria (followed by the word I am trying to figure out)
      > > and place of baptism is Grancs.
      > >
      > > In the same film, 28 April 1816 there is another Baptism record for Helena to Mathias and wife Maria followed by the words causing me problems.
      > >
      > > The main translation issue however is on Film 1791915 which is listed as:
      > > Cirkevná matrika, 1646-1948 / Rímsko-katolícka cirkev. Farský úrad Žehra (Spišská Nová Ves)
      > > It is a baptism record for Susanna (deceased, as it has a cross above her name). The date is 4 September 1831.
      > >
      > > As to whether the films are on line or not - I just can't figure that out from using the LDS web site. I have searched back and forth quite a bit but no matter what I try, I cannot come up with those numbers listed under either Zehra or Spisska Nova Ves.
      > >
      > > Appreciate your patience and direction.
      > > R/Bill
      > >

      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "CurtB" <curt67boc@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Bill,
      > > > The LDS catalog says that film 1791929 covering Zehra, etc. is online. Is this the film you reference?? If so, give us image citations. See the LDS catalog. But they also give the same number for a different film as well. Or are you referring to some other film? Just give us an actual COMPLETE film citation, rather than your interpretation and maybe someone can help. Is your film online or not?? THe answer is either yes, or no, or I don't know.
      > > >
      > > > Curt B.

    • MGMojher
      Message 59 of 59 , Oct 6, 2014
        Eugene,
            In the 1995 Slovak Census the surnames Kladzan and Szkladani only have one listing each. Kladzan in eastern Slovakia, Michalovce, and Szklandani in western Slovakia, Bratislava.
            Family Search had no listing for Szklandani in Vinne. It did have some Kladzan in Vinne among 1353 listings for Kladzan - https://familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=75&query=%2Bsurname%3AKladzan~%20%2Brecord_country%3A%22Slovakia%22

            Your Hladky in the 1995 census:
        Priezvisko HLADKY sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 2×, celkový počet lokalít: 2, v lokalitách:
        ŽIHÁREC,  okr. GALANTA (od  r. 1996 ŠAĽA) – 1×;
        VINNÉ,  okr. MICHALOVCE – 1×;

            Your Pikula in the 1995 census had 92 listings in 37 locations. The one that may be of interest to you is - LASTOMÍR,  okr. MICHALOVCE  that had 6 Pikula finds.

        Priezvisko PIKULA sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 92×, celkový počet lokalít: 37, najčastejšie výskyty v lokalitách:

            The census had no listing for Labadov, one alternative was given -
        Priezvisko LABANOV sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 1×, celkový počet lokalít: 1, v lokalitách:
        HOLÍČ,  okr. SENICA (od  r. 1996 SKALICA) – 1×;

        Sent: Monday, October 06, 2014 5:43 AM
        Subject: [S-R] Re: Translation Help

        An interesting name, "Georgius Szkladani " and year "1783" which caught my attention and  leaves me to wonder, given the rarity of the surname itself, if there might be a connection in any way between it and the "Kladzan" surname of my ancestor, Joannes Kladzan, found in the RC church records of village Vinne, Slovakia,1828, the year and place of his birth and baptism. The "Kladzan" spelling survived in my branch of the family until 1910 when it suddenly appeared as "Klodzen" in the US Census of that year. For us it's remained that way ever since, another branch of the family continues the "Kladzan" spelling .

        Eugene Klodzen
        Researching KLADZAN, HLADKY, PIKULA, LABADOV