Re: [S-R] Photo Studio: Perth Amboy, NJ - vintage negatives

  • Bernardine Weigand
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 15, 2012
      My parents and grandparents lived in Perth Amboy and I know they took
      us kids (many years ago) to studios for special occasions such as
      communions....maybe some family weddings also.

      The family names I'm interested in would be STOPKIE and KOPERVAS.
      Their addresses would be on Meade St. and Paderewski Ave. I'm not
      interested in the pics from the Kopervas family who lived on Grant
      Street.

      Thank you.
      Deannie Weigand

      On Dec 12, 2012, at 11:41 AM, cousinjanie1004 wrote:

      > See below the obit for owner of Acme Photo Studios in Perth Amboy,
      > NJ. I know a lot of our people came through Central Jersey and used
      > this studio for special occasions.
      >
      > In the obit you will see an e-mail address for contacting the
      > Premako family about getting old negatives.
      >
      > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      >
      > Frank J. Premako
      >
      > AGE: 89 � Sayreville, NJ
      >
      > Frank J. Premako age 89 of Sayreville passed away peacefully on
      > Sunday, December 9, 2012 at Chelsea at Warren Center, with his
      > loving family at his side. Born in Perth Amboy he has resided in
      > Sayreville for the past 65 years.
      >
      > Before his retirement he was the owner and operator of Acme Studios
      > in Perth Amboy for over 60 years.
      >
      > Mr. Premako was a U.S. Navy Veteran of WWII, an avid bowler for many
      > years and a long time communicant of Saint Stanislaus Kostka R. C.
      > Church in Sayreville.
      >
      > He is predeceased by his wife Dorothy Rojewski Premako in 2001, his
      > grand daughter Leah Scherer in 1985 and his siblings Mary Ferraro,
      > Margaret Premako and Hank Premako. Surviving are his children and
      > their spouses Robert & Sonya Premako of Blairstown, Pat Baczkowski
      > of Roebling and Susan & Craig Scherer of Glen Gardner, his
      > grandchildren Dawn, Joshua, Jason & Emily, Rachael & Eric, and
      > Hannah & Guillermo, his great grandchildren Clara, Isaac and Levi
      > and his sister Lillian Rusin of East Brunswick.
      >
      > Past clients looking for old negatives please go to Acmestudionegatives@...
      > .
      >
      > Funeral services will be held Thursday 8:30 a.m. from the
      > Maliszewski Memorial Home, 121 Main Street, Sayreville followed by a
      > 9 a.m. Mass at Saint Stanislaus Kostka with burial to follow at
      > Saint Stanislaus Cemetery, Sayreville.
      >
      > Calling hours at the funeral home will be held Wednesday from 2 to 4
      > and 7 to 9 p.m. Messages of condolences may be left for the family at
      >
      > www.maliszewskimemorialhome.com

    • Bernardine Weigand
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 15, 2012
        oops....I did not intend to send this to the group.