Photo Studio: Perth Amboy, NJ - vintage negatives

  • cousinjanie1004
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 12, 2012
      See below the obit for owner of Acme Photo Studios in Perth Amboy, NJ. I know a lot of our people came through Central Jersey and used this studio for special occasions.

      In the obit you will see an e-mail address for contacting the Premako family about getting old negatives.

      Frank J. Premako

      AGE: 89 • Sayreville, NJ

      Frank J. Premako age 89 of Sayreville passed away peacefully on Sunday, December 9, 2012 at Chelsea at Warren Center, with his loving family at his side. Born in Perth Amboy he has resided in Sayreville for the past 65 years.

      Before his retirement he was the owner and operator of Acme Studios in Perth Amboy for over 60 years.

      Mr. Premako was a U.S. Navy Veteran of WWII, an avid bowler for many years and a long time communicant of Saint Stanislaus Kostka R. C. Church in Sayreville.

      He is predeceased by his wife Dorothy Rojewski Premako in 2001, his grand daughter Leah Scherer in 1985 and his siblings Mary Ferraro, Margaret Premako and Hank Premako. Surviving are his children and their spouses Robert & Sonya Premako of Blairstown, Pat Baczkowski of Roebling and Susan & Craig Scherer of Glen Gardner, his grandchildren Dawn, Joshua, Jason & Emily, Rachael & Eric, and Hannah & Guillermo, his great grandchildren Clara, Isaac and Levi and his sister Lillian Rusin of East Brunswick.

      Past clients looking for old negatives please go to Acmestudionegatives@....

      Funeral services will be held Thursday 8:30 a.m. from the Maliszewski Memorial Home, 121 Main Street, Sayreville followed by a 9 a.m. Mass at Saint Stanislaus Kostka with burial to follow at Saint Stanislaus Cemetery, Sayreville.

      Calling hours at the funeral home will be held Wednesday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Messages of condolences may be left for the family at

      www.maliszewskimemorialhome.com
    • cousinjanie1004

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 15, 2012
          Thanks for sharing!

          Dennis

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "cousinjanie1004" <cousinjanie1004@...> wrote:

          > See below the obit for owner of Acme Photo Studios in Perth Amboy, NJ. I know a lot of our people came through Central Jersey and used this studio for special occasions.
          >
          > In the obit you will see an e-mail address for contacting the Premako family about getting old negatives.
          >
          > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
          >
          > Frank J. Premako
          >
          > AGE: 89 • Sayreville, NJ
          >
          > Frank J. Premako age 89 of Sayreville passed away peacefully on Sunday, December 9, 2012 at Chelsea at Warren Center, with his loving family at his side. Born in Perth Amboy he has resided in Sayreville for the past 65 years.
          >
          > Before his retirement he was the owner and operator of Acme Studios in Perth Amboy for over 60 years.
          >
          > Mr. Premako was a U.S. Navy Veteran of WWII, an avid bowler for many years and a long time communicant of Saint Stanislaus Kostka R. C. Church in Sayreville.
          >
          > He is predeceased by his wife Dorothy Rojewski Premako in 2001, his grand daughter Leah Scherer in 1985 and his siblings Mary Ferraro, Margaret Premako and Hank Premako. Surviving are his children and their spouses Robert & Sonya Premako of Blairstown, Pat Baczkowski of Roebling and Susan & Craig Scherer of Glen Gardner, his grandchildren Dawn, Joshua, Jason & Emily, Rachael & Eric, and Hannah & Guillermo, his great grandchildren Clara, Isaac and Levi and his sister Lillian Rusin of East Brunswick.
          >
          > Past clients looking for old negatives please go to Acmestudionegatives@...
          >
          > Funeral services will be held Thursday 8:30 a.m. from the Maliszewski Memorial Home, 121 Main Street, Sayreville followed by a 9 a.m. Mass at Saint Stanislaus Kostka with burial to follow at Saint Stanislaus Cemetery, Sayreville.
          >
          > Calling hours at the funeral home will be held Wednesday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Messages of condolences may be left for the family at
          >
          > www.maliszewskimemorialhome.com

        • Bernardine Weigand
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 15, 2012
            My parents and grandparents lived in Perth Amboy and I know they took
            us kids (many years ago) to studios for special occasions such as
            communions....maybe some family weddings also.

            The family names I'm interested in would be STOPKIE and KOPERVAS.
            Their addresses would be on Meade St. and Paderewski Ave. I'm not
            interested in the pics from the Kopervas family who lived on Grant
            Street.

            Thank you.
            Deannie Weigand

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 15, 2012
              oops....I did not intend to send this to the group.