Re: [S-R] Translation Help

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 72 , Dec 11, 2012
      krčma means tavern or Inn. krčmar is an Inn Keeper, krčmarka, usually a waitress or female bar tender.

      Z Bohom,

      Vilo

      ________________________________
      Message 72 of 72 , Jun 3 1:35 PM
            It was written only father s name or wife s name husband s name ,single or orphan near dead person and never mother name in these pages. Near two father s name were written son in law.I think it was needed to show exactly who is he by his father in law or if he was dead by mother in law.Maybe      not only one man had that name at that time in that village so needed more information about him.

        A Windows Phone-telefonomról küldtem

        Feladó: Sandra & John Panzitta pman40@... [SLOVAK-ROOTS]
        Feladva: ‎2016.‎06.‎02. 22:44
        Címzett: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        Tárgy: Re: [S-R] Translation Help

        It actually make more sense as Gyorgy Vertila was dead when the record was created.  Why the priest referred to the mother of the child (Mihaly) by her mother (Mrs. Vertila)… well, I don’t know.

        On Jun 2, 2016, at 12:38 PM, Sz Erika szerika60@... [SLOVAK-ROOTS] <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Interesting information. But there is a "né" end of Vertilané. In hungarian this means father is son in law of Mrs Vertila.
        ...né = Mrs ....

        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 08:36:00 -0400

        I wonder if it refers to Ilya’s step father - Gyorg Vertila.

        I always appreciate your thoughts Erika!
        Thanks again,
        Sandra
        On Jun 2, 2016, at 1:43 AM, Sz Erika szerika60@... [SLOVAK-ROOTS] <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I don t know. Veje is son in law.There is another veje on the left 3rd "Zelenak veje" and Zelenak is a name. vertilane was a name or something else.

        A Windows Phone-telefonomról küldtem

        Feladó: Sandra & John Panzitta pman40@... [SLOVAK-ROOTS]
        Feladva: ‎2016.‎06.‎01. 18:01
        Címzett: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

        Thanks for the insight Erika.  Now the question is what is a vertilane?  Her father’s name was Mihaly Zsdry.

        On Jun 1, 2016, at 2:53 AM, Sz Erika szerika60@... [SLOVAK-ROOTS] <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hello,

        It s vertilané as I think, but neje isn t neje, it is sure the world is " veje", so meaning : father is husband of vertilané s daughter

        Erika Szabó
        A Windows Phone-telefonomról küldtem

        Feladó: pman40@... [SLOVAK-ROOTS]
        Feladva: ‎2016.‎05.‎31. 21:49
        Címzett: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        Tárgy: [S-R] Translation Help

        Hello All,

        I am having trouble deciphering two records.  The first is found at  https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-9R7W-9S8W?mode=g&i=79&cc=1554443&cat=755030

        This is the baptism of ANNA, daughter of BASIL HRITZENKO and ILYA ZSDIJOVA - the third entry from the bottom on the right side, the date isn't visible.  The note by her name is cum ore ??? nata.  I believe it refers to her mouth.

        The other is the death of Anna's brother, MIHALY HRITZENKO, again, the date is obscured, but it is the fourth entry from the bottom of the right side of the page. https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-9RQ1-49M?mode=g&i=259&cat=755030

        What is the written under his father's name, next to neje?  It looks like vertilane or verrilane?

        Thanks much for your time!

        Sandra