Re: [S-R] Record Headings

  • MGMojher
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2012
      Nancy,
      http://homepages.bmi.net/~latin/ This link will give you the meaning of the column headings in Latin, Hungarian and Slovak.
      I read line 2 for the baptismal priest as Jeutsik.
      Line 7 is the residence. In your case the name is not fully spelled out. It appears to be Osztropataka, present day Ostrovany.
      http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/saros.jpg This is a map of the Hungarian County of Saros in 1910. In the blue area in the far upper left is the present day Sabinov, it is called Kisszeben. Just below the word Kisszeben is Nyarsardo, your Narsany. To the right and down is the word Nagysaros. Straight above the N is Oszropatak, present day Ostrovany.