Record Headings

  • Nancy Gibbs
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2012
      Could someone please look at the following record on Family Search:
      Slovakia Church Records, Roman Catholic, Sabinov, Narsany, page 141.
      I am particularly interested in the record on the right side, line 14.  23 March 1837, JOANNES.
      What are the column headings for columns 2 and 7?  And can you tell me the entries for those columns for the record I am interested in?

      Thank you.

      Nancy

    • christine mackara
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2012
        Nancy,

        I looked at it and I think : in the second column is the name of the priest performing the baptism, The baptisan, and I believe It says : Michael Jentsik, Caplan
        The seventh column is the place the Parents of the baptized Joannes lived and it was : dto = ditto, meaning the same entry as above : Osztropatak, today Ostrovany

        Christine

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2012
          Nancy,
          http://homepages.bmi.net/~latin/ This link will give you the meaning of the column headings in Latin, Hungarian and Slovak.
          I read line 2 for the baptismal priest as Jeutsik.
          Line 7 is the residence. In your case the name is not fully spelled out. It appears to be Osztropataka, present day Ostrovany.
          http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/saros.jpg This is a map of the Hungarian County of Saros in 1910. In the blue area in the far upper left is the present day Sabinov, it is called Kisszeben. Just below the word Kisszeben is Nyarsardo, your Narsany. To the right and down is the word Nagysaros. Straight above the N is Oszropatak, present day Ostrovany.