Additional Moderator for Slovak-Roots

  • Dr. Joe Q.
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 8, 2012
      Bill did a marvelous job in keeping this site going after we lost contact with Maura Petzolt (her absence has also been felt on the SHAMROCK list she started on Rootsweb).

      Ron and I have taken a more active roll over the past year. Now Bill has moved on to other interests and is no longer a moderator for this list.

      We are looking for one more person to step up and assist us in moderating this site.

      Please privately e-mail Ron or me if you are interested.

      Thank you.

      Dr. "Q"
    • Dr. Joe Q
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 7, 2013
        Folks,

        Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
        in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.  We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
        decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.  We choose
        to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
        and we are not so large that we become our own private group.

        Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.

        This
        is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
        group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
        vanished.

        Ron Matviyak
        Joe Quashnock
        Moderators

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 7, 2013
          Welcome Carl.  And thank you Ron and Joe for the foresight of adding a moderator and thinking longterm on keeping this great forum going.
          Nick

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 7, 2013
            Congratulations Carl!

            Peter M.

            On 8 January 2013 09:47, Dr. Joe Q <doctor_jq@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Folks,
            >
            > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
            > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum. We received 5
            > very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
            > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum. We choose
            > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
            > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
            >
            > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity
            > and spam along with Ron and I.
            >
            > This
            > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
            > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
            > vanished.
            >
            > Ron Matviyak
            > Joe Quashnock
            > Moderators

          • Otruba, Stephen A
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 7, 2013
              Welcome to those ready to face the glory and the spam! :-)

              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 7, 2013
                Stephen,

                I don't understand what you are suggesting.

                Do you expect the spam to increase now that we have a new Moderator?

                I don't understand that.

                Frank

                _____

                From: Dr. Joe Q. doctor_jq@... <mailto:doctor_jq%40yahoo.com> >
                To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
                Date: Saturday, December 8, 2012, 11:33 AM

                Bill did a marvelous job in keeping this site going after we lost contact
                with Maura Petzolt (her absence has also been felt on the SHAMROCK list she
                started on Rootsweb).

                Ron and I have taken a more active roll over the past year. Now Bill has
                moved on to other interests and is no longer a moderator for this list.

                We are looking for one more person to step up and assist us in moderating
                this site.

                Please privately e-mail Ron or me if you are interested.

                Thank you.

                Dr. "Q"

                <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.comYahoo> ! Groups Links

              • deeellessbee
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 7, 2013
                  Thanks to all of you, Ron, Joe, and Carl, for all the work you do, and to Bill and Maura as well. I think everyone will agree with me that your time and effort is very much appreciated.

                  Frank, I think Stephen was just welcoming Carl to his new duties, which include not only the thanks and gratitude of the forum members, but also the task of dealing with spam.

                  Debbie

                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" wrote:

                  > Folks,
                  >
                  > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
                  > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.  We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
                  > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.  We choose
                  > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
                  > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
                  >
                  > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.
                  >
                  > This
                  > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
                  > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
                  > vanished.
                  >
                  > Ron Matviyak
                  > Joe Quashnock
                  > Moderators

                • Nick
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 7, 2013
                    >Great job moderators. Only thing that concerns me is posted links
                    >with no explanation of what they are about. My view is they are
                    >potentially dangerous and i just delete them.

                    Regards
                    Nick
                  • Carl
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                      Thanks everyone. As moderator, I hope to stay deep in the background and as invisible as possible.
                      CK

                      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" wrote:

                      > Thanks to all of you, Ron, Joe, and Carl, for all the work you do, and to Bill and Maura as well. I think everyone will agree with me that your time and effort is very much appreciated.
                      >
                      > Frank, I think Stephen was just welcoming Carl to his new duties, which include not only the thanks and gratitude of the forum members, but also the task of dealing with spam.
                      >
                      > Debbie
                      >

                      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Folks,
                      > >
                      > > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
                      > > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.  We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
                      > > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.  We choose
                      > > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
                      > > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
                      > >
                      > > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.
                      > >
                      > > This
                      > > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
                      > > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
                      > > vanished.
                      > >
                      > > Ron Matviyak
                      > > Joe Quashnock
                      > > Moderators

                    • Julie & Kevin
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                        I delete them as well. It looks like spam >>>

                        >Great job moderators. Only thing that concerns me is posted links
                        >with no explanation of what they are about. My view is they are
                        >potentially dangerous and i just delete them.

                        Regards
                        Nick

                      • Nancy Gibbs
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                          Welcome Carl.  This group has been a great help to my research.  The moderators do a great job.

                        • Steve Otruba
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                            I guess it was a lost attempt at a joke since part of the description in
                            the email was "...join us and is moderating activity and
                            spam along with Ron and I"

                            SteveO

                          • patskanovo
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                              Belated welcome Carl!

                              I would also like to thank the moderators,contributors and members of this wonderful group who have enlightened me throughout the years....oh boy, was I ever green when I joined!

                              Thanks,
                              Dennis

                              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" wrote:

                              > Thanks everyone. As moderator, I hope to stay deep in the background and as invisible as possible.
                              > CK
                              >
                              > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Thanks to all of you, Ron, Joe, and Carl, for all the work you do, and to Bill and Maura as well. I think everyone will agree with me that your time and effort is very much appreciated.
                              > >
                              > > Frank, I think Stephen was just welcoming Carl to his new duties, which include not only the thanks and gratitude of the forum members, but also the task of dealing with spam.
                              > >
                              > > Debbie
                              > >

                              > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Joe Q" wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Folks,
                              > > >
                              > > > Some time back we asked for volunteers to join Ron and I
                              > > > in moderating S-R and to assure continuation of the Forum.� We received 5 very well qualified offers to help us and faced the tough
                              > > > decision as to who to have join us in moderating this forum.� We choose
                              > > > to keep the moderators at a small number so coordination remains easy
                              > > > and we are not so large that we become our own private group.
                              > > >
                              > > > Carl Kotlarchik is now the latest to join us and is moderating activity and spam along with Ron and I.
                              > > >
                              > > > This
                              > > > is a good time to remember, with thanks, Maura Petzolt who created this
                              > > > group and Bill Tarkulich who established moderator control once Maura
                              > > > vanished.
                              > > >
                              > > > Ron Matviyak
                              > > > Joe Quashnock
                              > > > Moderators

                            • Patricia Nazzaro
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013

                              • lkocik@comcast.net
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                                  Steve

                                   I thought your using the word "glory" was clever;....

                                  Slav meaning glorious.

                                  So.....spam could also mean...Slavic Pursuit of Additional Moderator.