Re: [S-R] Need help with translation

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 7, 2012
      AZ Atya = Not the Father   On the next page at the bottom are 2 more illegitimate children listed

      Z Bohom,

      Vilo

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 14, 2013
        Hello, All! I need your help translating information on a marriage record. The image of the record in question was put into a Word document and uploaded into the FILES section. It's named "1814,Feb21-Falatko,Georgius-marriage record.docx". The page headers are included along with the marriage record.

        I can find ancestors names in the second column - Georgius Falatko and Cath. Schwartz - but I cannot read the remaining text with the names. Also, I am interested in knowing the towns in the last column. I think Catharina's town is Golintz (now Gelnica), but not sure of Georgius' town. Could it be Krompach (now Krompachy)?

        Thanks, as always, for your kind help.

        Mary Ellen Pierson
      • John
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 14, 2013
          What is the URL for this church record?

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@...> wrote:

          > Hello, All! I need your help translating information on a marriage record. The image of the record in question was put into a Word document and uploaded into the FILES section. It's named "1814,Feb21-Falatko,Georgius-marriage record.docx". The page headers are included along with the marriage record.
          >
          > I can find ancestors names in the second column - Georgius Falatko and Cath. Schwartz - but I cannot read the remaining text with the names. Also, I am interested in knowing the towns in the last column. I think Catharina's town is Golintz (now Gelnica), but not sure of Georgius' town. Could it be Krompach (now Krompachy)?
          >
          > Thanks, as always, for your kind help.
          >
          > Mary Ellen Pierson

        • lickridge
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
            https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22647-9110-80?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-C11:1545518370

            Thank you!

            > What is the URL for this church record?
            >
            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello, All! I need your help translating information on a marriage record. The image of the record in question was put into a Word document and uploaded into the FILES section. It's named "1814,Feb21-Falatko,Georgius-marriage record.docx". The page headers are included along with the marriage record.
            > >
            > > I can find ancestors names in the second column - Georgius Falatko and Cath. Schwartz - but I cannot read the remaining text with the names. Also, I am interested in knowing the towns in the last column. I think Catharina's town is Golintz (now Gelnica), but not sure of Georgius' town. Could it be Krompach (now Krompachy)?
            > >
            > > Thanks, as always, for your kind help.
            > >
            > > Mary Ellen Pierson

          • John
            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
              The village names are Gelnica and Krompachy.

              Sorry, I can't interpret the text near the names.

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@...> wrote:

              > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22647-9110-80?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-C11:1545518370
              >
              > Thank you!

              > > What is the URL for this church record?
              > >
              > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hello, All! I need your help translating information on a marriage record. The image of the record in question was put into a Word document and uploaded into the FILES section. It's named "1814,Feb21-Falatko,Georgius-marriage record.docx". The page headers are included along with the marriage record.
              > > >
              > > > I can find ancestors names in the second column - Georgius Falatko and Cath. Schwartz - but I cannot read the remaining text with the names. Also, I am interested in knowing the towns in the last column. I think Catharina's town is Golintz (now Gelnica), but not sure of Georgius' town. Could it be Krompach (now Krompachy)?
              > > >
              > > > Thanks, as always, for your kind help.
              > > >
              > > > Mary Ellen Pierson

            • CurtB
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
                Mary Ellen,

                The notes in the register are the words this priest uses to accompany almost all the marriage records in surrounding pages. That is why it is important to see much of the register and not just the individual record before commenting.

                He describes the couple as Honestus virtus cum virgine. It just means he was free to marry and she was never married before.

                I too, read the place name as Krompach and Gelnica

                Curt B.

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@...> wrote:

                > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22647-9110-80?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-C11:1545518370
                >
                > Thank you!

                > > What is the URL for this church record?
                > >
                > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hello, All! I need your help translating information on a marriage record. The image of the record in question was put into a Word document and uploaded into the FILES section. It's named "1814,Feb21-Falatko,Georgius-marriage record.docx". The page headers are included along with the marriage record.
                > > >
                > > > I can find ancestors names in the second column - Georgius Falatko and Cath. Schwartz - but I cannot read the remaining text with the names. Also, I am interested in knowing the towns in the last column. I think Catharina's town is Golintz (now Gelnica), but not sure of Georgius' town. Could it be Krompach (now Krompachy)?
                > > >
                > > > Thanks, as always, for your kind help.
                > > >
                > > > Mary Ellen Pierson

              • Mary Ellen Pierson
                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 16, 2013
                  Thanks, Curt and John, for your help. This is one of the best listservs out there.

                  Mary Ellen

                  Sent from my iPad