Re: looking for my great-grandfather, great-grandmother birth records

  • Judy
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
      Glad you were able to locate the great grandfather's birth record. The handwriting there was pretty difficult to make out. Was the birth date close to what you had?

      You say you looking for information on your father's family. What direction are you heading with your research?

      If searching backwards in Slovakia, keep searching through the birth records before and after your Josef Rubaczky to find siblings. Then start looking for the parents' marriage beginning about 9 months prior to the birth of the first child. If you are lucky, the marriage record will list the ages and parents of the bride and groom and that will take you back another generation.

      If you are working forward to the U.S. records, what have you found so far in terms of census, naturalization and ship records? What exactly are you looking for in U.S. records?