Re: [S-R] Need help with translation

  • MGMojher
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 5, 2012
      The block where the words you want translated is where the parents names are given, as you stated. In this case no father is listed. The only word I got a translation for is “nem”, not. A cross is usually a sign of a death.

      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 5, 2012
        Bob,
        It simply says 'father not known [disclosed]' . What you thought was a cross is the letter "t" of the word tudattak, which is the one meaning disclosed or known.

        Curt B.

      • david1law@aol.com
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 5, 2012
          Dear Bob:

          Are you able to post the page of the records? I have searched through the
          records before, and compiled a lot of information, but unfortunately, my old
          computer crashed. Moral to the story: back up all genealogical records.
          So I would be happy to be a second set of eyes to help decypher the writing.

          My great, great, great grandfather JAN HRONEC was born in ROZNAVA. For
          some reason, your surname POLLAK rings a bell but I cannot place my finger
          at the moment. My HRONEC clan had lived in villages of BRZOTIN and CUCMA
          among others. The surnames below are in my direct lineage

          Please also feel to write me directly at _David1Law@..._
          (mailto:David1Law@...) .

          Best regards,

          David

          Researching the village of ROZNAVA, BRZOTIN, and CUCMA in GEMER County //
          the villages of DOMANOVCE, HRISOVCE, KIS SZALOK, KALAVA, KOLONOCZ, KLUKNAVA,
          MLYNICA, RICHNAVA, SPISSKE VLACHY, STARY SMOKOVEC, SLATVINA, in SPIS
          County // the villages of DOLINA, OVCIE, SIROKE, AND VITAZ in SARIS County the
          following surnames: BALOGA (BALOG, BALOGH), BELAK, BUXAR (BUKSAR) CSUJ
          (CUJ), HAMRAK, HARBALY, HARENCSAR, HRONEC, HVIZDOS, JURASKO, KAFFAN, KISSEL,
          KOVALCIK, KREDATUS, ONDERCIN, RUSZBACZKY, TAKACS, TOMASOV, and variant
          spellings thereof.

          Also KUBIT, MOSKAL, ZAJDEL, WALASZCZYK, KOSIBA in BIALOBRZEGI, SUCHODOL,
          GLOWIENKA, and KROSNO, POLAND.

          In a message dated 12/5/2012 9:26:28 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          rjp4053@... writes:

          In reviewing records for Krasnohorske Podhradie, I came across what I
          believe may be my great-grandfather's second wife. The record is found at
          ROZNAVA,-KRASNOHORSKE PODHRADIE, Baptisms, conversions deaths 1744-1864. The
          record is on frame 354 of 670, on the right side of the page , the 8th
          line down, date is March 2.

          In the Parent's column above the name Vittek Maria, there is writing which
          looks like "aratya nem , a cross, and what appears to be udattik"
          I have tried Google Translate using Latin, Slovak and Hungarian with no
          luck.
          Can anyone decipher what is written? It would greatly be appreciated.

          Thank you

          Bob Pollak

        • William C. Wormuth
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 7, 2012
            AZ Atya = Not the Father   On the next page at the bottom are 2 more illegitimate children listed

            Z Bohom,

            Vilo

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 14, 2013
              Hello, All! I need your help translating information on a marriage record. The image of the record in question was put into a Word document and uploaded into the FILES section. It's named "1814,Feb21-Falatko,Georgius-marriage record.docx". The page headers are included along with the marriage record.

              I can find ancestors names in the second column - Georgius Falatko and Cath. Schwartz - but I cannot read the remaining text with the names. Also, I am interested in knowing the towns in the last column. I think Catharina's town is Golintz (now Gelnica), but not sure of Georgius' town. Could it be Krompach (now Krompachy)?

              Thanks, as always, for your kind help.

              Mary Ellen Pierson
            • John
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 14, 2013
                What is the URL for this church record?

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@...> wrote:

                > Hello, All! I need your help translating information on a marriage record. The image of the record in question was put into a Word document and uploaded into the FILES section. It's named "1814,Feb21-Falatko,Georgius-marriage record.docx". The page headers are included along with the marriage record.
                >
                > I can find ancestors names in the second column - Georgius Falatko and Cath. Schwartz - but I cannot read the remaining text with the names. Also, I am interested in knowing the towns in the last column. I think Catharina's town is Golintz (now Gelnica), but not sure of Georgius' town. Could it be Krompach (now Krompachy)?
                >
                > Thanks, as always, for your kind help.
                >
                > Mary Ellen Pierson

              • lickridge
                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
                  https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22647-9110-80?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-C11:1545518370

                  Thank you!

                  > What is the URL for this church record?
                  >
                  > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hello, All! I need your help translating information on a marriage record. The image of the record in question was put into a Word document and uploaded into the FILES section. It's named "1814,Feb21-Falatko,Georgius-marriage record.docx". The page headers are included along with the marriage record.
                  > >
                  > > I can find ancestors names in the second column - Georgius Falatko and Cath. Schwartz - but I cannot read the remaining text with the names. Also, I am interested in knowing the towns in the last column. I think Catharina's town is Golintz (now Gelnica), but not sure of Georgius' town. Could it be Krompach (now Krompachy)?
                  > >
                  > > Thanks, as always, for your kind help.
                  > >
                  > > Mary Ellen Pierson

                • John
                  Message 8 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
                    The village names are Gelnica and Krompachy.

                    Sorry, I can't interpret the text near the names.

                    --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@...> wrote:

                    > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22647-9110-80?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-C11:1545518370
                    >
                    > Thank you!

                    > > What is the URL for this church record?
                    > >
                    > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Hello, All! I need your help translating information on a marriage record. The image of the record in question was put into a Word document and uploaded into the FILES section. It's named "1814,Feb21-Falatko,Georgius-marriage record.docx". The page headers are included along with the marriage record.
                    > > >
                    > > > I can find ancestors names in the second column - Georgius Falatko and Cath. Schwartz - but I cannot read the remaining text with the names. Also, I am interested in knowing the towns in the last column. I think Catharina's town is Golintz (now Gelnica), but not sure of Georgius' town. Could it be Krompach (now Krompachy)?
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks, as always, for your kind help.
                    > > >
                    > > > Mary Ellen Pierson

                  • CurtB
                    Message 9 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
                      Mary Ellen,

                      The notes in the register are the words this priest uses to accompany almost all the marriage records in surrounding pages. That is why it is important to see much of the register and not just the individual record before commenting.

                      He describes the couple as Honestus virtus cum virgine. It just means he was free to marry and she was never married before.

                      I too, read the place name as Krompach and Gelnica

                      Curt B.

                      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@...> wrote:

                      > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22647-9110-80?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-C11:1545518370
                      >
                      > Thank you!

                      > > What is the URL for this church record?
                      > >
                      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Hello, All! I need your help translating information on a marriage record. The image of the record in question was put into a Word document and uploaded into the FILES section. It's named "1814,Feb21-Falatko,Georgius-marriage record.docx". The page headers are included along with the marriage record.
                      > > >
                      > > > I can find ancestors names in the second column - Georgius Falatko and Cath. Schwartz - but I cannot read the remaining text with the names. Also, I am interested in knowing the towns in the last column. I think Catharina's town is Golintz (now Gelnica), but not sure of Georgius' town. Could it be Krompach (now Krompachy)?
                      > > >
                      > > > Thanks, as always, for your kind help.
                      > > >
                      > > > Mary Ellen Pierson

                    • Mary Ellen Pierson
                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 16, 2013
                        Thanks, Curt and John, for your help. This is one of the best listservs out there.

                        Mary Ellen

                        Sent from my iPad