Need help with translation

  • Robert Pollak
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 5, 2012
      In reviewing records for Krasnohorske Podhradie, I came across what I
      believe may be my great-grandfather's second wife.  The record is found
      at ROZNAVA,-KRASNOHORSKE PODHRADIE,  Baptisms, conversions deaths
      1744-1864.  The record is on frame 354 of 670,  on the right side of the page , the 8th line down, date is March 2.

      In the Parent's column above the name Vittek Maria, there is writing
      which looks like "aratya  nem , a cross, and what appears to be udattik"
      I have tried Google Translate using Latin, Slovak and Hungarian with no luck.
      Can anyone decipher what is written?  It would greatly be appreciated.

      Thank you

      Bob Pollak

      Link to page.  Sorry I forgot to include it in my original email.

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-22649-2569-64?cc=1554443&wc=MM17-7LN:1906989890

    • MGMojher

        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 5, 2012
          Bob,
          It simply says 'father not known [disclosed]' . What you thought was a cross is the letter "t" of the word tudattak, which is the one meaning disclosed or known.

          Curt B.

        • david1law@aol.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 5, 2012
            Dear Bob:

            Are you able to post the page of the records? I have searched through the
            records before, and compiled a lot of information, but unfortunately, my old
            computer crashed. Moral to the story: back up all genealogical records.
            So I would be happy to be a second set of eyes to help decypher the writing.

            My great, great, great grandfather JAN HRONEC was born in ROZNAVA. For
            some reason, your surname POLLAK rings a bell but I cannot place my finger
            at the moment. My HRONEC clan had lived in villages of BRZOTIN and CUCMA
            among others. The surnames below are in my direct lineage

            Please also feel to write me directly at _David1Law@..._
            (mailto:David1Law@...) .

            Best regards,

            David

            Researching the village of ROZNAVA, BRZOTIN, and CUCMA in GEMER County //
            the villages of DOMANOVCE, HRISOVCE, KIS SZALOK, KALAVA, KOLONOCZ, KLUKNAVA,
            MLYNICA, RICHNAVA, SPISSKE VLACHY, STARY SMOKOVEC, SLATVINA, in SPIS
            County // the villages of DOLINA, OVCIE, SIROKE, AND VITAZ in SARIS County the
            following surnames: BALOGA (BALOG, BALOGH), BELAK, BUXAR (BUKSAR) CSUJ
            (CUJ), HAMRAK, HARBALY, HARENCSAR, HRONEC, HVIZDOS, JURASKO, KAFFAN, KISSEL,
            KOVALCIK, KREDATUS, ONDERCIN, RUSZBACZKY, TAKACS, TOMASOV, and variant
            spellings thereof.

            Also KUBIT, MOSKAL, ZAJDEL, WALASZCZYK, KOSIBA in BIALOBRZEGI, SUCHODOL,
            GLOWIENKA, and KROSNO, POLAND.

            In a message dated 12/5/2012 9:26:28 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            rjp4053@... writes:

            In reviewing records for Krasnohorske Podhradie, I came across what I
            believe may be my great-grandfather's second wife. The record is found at
            ROZNAVA,-KRASNOHORSKE PODHRADIE, Baptisms, conversions deaths 1744-1864. The
            record is on frame 354 of 670, on the right side of the page , the 8th
            line down, date is March 2.

            In the Parent's column above the name Vittek Maria, there is writing which
            looks like "aratya nem , a cross, and what appears to be udattik"
            I have tried Google Translate using Latin, Slovak and Hungarian with no
            luck.
            Can anyone decipher what is written? It would greatly be appreciated.

            Thank you

            Bob Pollak

          • William C. Wormuth
            Message 5 of 20 , Dec 7, 2012
              AZ Atya = Not the Father   On the next page at the bottom are 2 more illegitimate children listed

              Z Bohom,

              Vilo

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 14, 2013
                Hello, All! I need your help translating information on a marriage record. The image of the record in question was put into a Word document and uploaded into the FILES section. It's named "1814,Feb21-Falatko,Georgius-marriage record.docx". The page headers are included along with the marriage record.

                I can find ancestors names in the second column - Georgius Falatko and Cath. Schwartz - but I cannot read the remaining text with the names. Also, I am interested in knowing the towns in the last column. I think Catharina's town is Golintz (now Gelnica), but not sure of Georgius' town. Could it be Krompach (now Krompachy)?

                Thanks, as always, for your kind help.

                Mary Ellen Pierson
              • John
                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 14, 2013
                  What is the URL for this church record?

                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@...> wrote:

                  > Hello, All! I need your help translating information on a marriage record. The image of the record in question was put into a Word document and uploaded into the FILES section. It's named "1814,Feb21-Falatko,Georgius-marriage record.docx". The page headers are included along with the marriage record.
                  >
                  > I can find ancestors names in the second column - Georgius Falatko and Cath. Schwartz - but I cannot read the remaining text with the names. Also, I am interested in knowing the towns in the last column. I think Catharina's town is Golintz (now Gelnica), but not sure of Georgius' town. Could it be Krompach (now Krompachy)?
                  >
                  > Thanks, as always, for your kind help.
                  >
                  > Mary Ellen Pierson

                • lickridge
                  Message 8 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
                    https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22647-9110-80?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-C11:1545518370

                    Thank you!

                    > What is the URL for this church record?
                    >
                    > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hello, All! I need your help translating information on a marriage record. The image of the record in question was put into a Word document and uploaded into the FILES section. It's named "1814,Feb21-Falatko,Georgius-marriage record.docx". The page headers are included along with the marriage record.
                    > >
                    > > I can find ancestors names in the second column - Georgius Falatko and Cath. Schwartz - but I cannot read the remaining text with the names. Also, I am interested in knowing the towns in the last column. I think Catharina's town is Golintz (now Gelnica), but not sure of Georgius' town. Could it be Krompach (now Krompachy)?
                    > >
                    > > Thanks, as always, for your kind help.
                    > >
                    > > Mary Ellen Pierson

                  • John
                    Message 9 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
                      The village names are Gelnica and Krompachy.

                      Sorry, I can't interpret the text near the names.

                      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@...> wrote:

                      > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22647-9110-80?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-C11:1545518370
                      >
                      > Thank you!

                      > > What is the URL for this church record?
                      > >
                      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Hello, All! I need your help translating information on a marriage record. The image of the record in question was put into a Word document and uploaded into the FILES section. It's named "1814,Feb21-Falatko,Georgius-marriage record.docx". The page headers are included along with the marriage record.
                      > > >
                      > > > I can find ancestors names in the second column - Georgius Falatko and Cath. Schwartz - but I cannot read the remaining text with the names. Also, I am interested in knowing the towns in the last column. I think Catharina's town is Golintz (now Gelnica), but not sure of Georgius' town. Could it be Krompach (now Krompachy)?
                      > > >
                      > > > Thanks, as always, for your kind help.
                      > > >
                      > > > Mary Ellen Pierson

                    • CurtB
                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
                        Mary Ellen,

                        The notes in the register are the words this priest uses to accompany almost all the marriage records in surrounding pages. That is why it is important to see much of the register and not just the individual record before commenting.

                        He describes the couple as Honestus virtus cum virgine. It just means he was free to marry and she was never married before.

                        I too, read the place name as Krompach and Gelnica

                        Curt B.

                        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@...> wrote:

                        > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22647-9110-80?cc=1554443&wc=M99C-C11:1545518370
                        >
                        > Thank you!

                        > > What is the URL for this church record?
                        > >
                        > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lickridge" <maryellen.pierson@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Hello, All! I need your help translating information on a marriage record. The image of the record in question was put into a Word document and uploaded into the FILES section. It's named "1814,Feb21-Falatko,Georgius-marriage record.docx". The page headers are included along with the marriage record.
                        > > >
                        > > > I can find ancestors names in the second column - Georgius Falatko and Cath. Schwartz - but I cannot read the remaining text with the names. Also, I am interested in knowing the towns in the last column. I think Catharina's town is Golintz (now Gelnica), but not sure of Georgius' town. Could it be Krompach (now Krompachy)?
                        > > >
                        > > > Thanks, as always, for your kind help.
                        > > >
                        > > > Mary Ellen Pierson

                      • Mary Ellen Pierson
                        Message 11 of 20 , Aug 16, 2013
                          Thanks, Curt and John, for your help. This is one of the best listservs out there.

                          Mary Ellen

                          Sent from my iPad