Re: [S-R] New Member

  • MGMojher
    Message 1 of 81 , Dec 4, 2012
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsion_of_Germans_after_World_War_II Article on “Expulsion of Germans after World War II.

      From: leporis1
      Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 10:09 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] New Member

      Hi,

      not trying to be a hater but probably her parents were thrown back to Germany after WWII. This is common knowledge the Slovaks in disgust of the holocaust (real or not) evicted the German colonist out of the country. Not sure when Nimitz brought to Texas to join other German farmers but very often I see Germans that claim ancestry in SR and CZ Rep. here in Texas. Germans colonist were always subject to suspicion. Since they were sent back to a particular village in Germany I would look there as well. Bingen, Germany.

      LLeporis

      --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" <deeellessbee@...> wrote:

      > Yes, Cynthia, I'm interested as well. How does one get kicked out of a country? :) Do tell!
      >
      > Welcome!
      > Debbie
      >

      > --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, htcstech <htcstech@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello Cynthia and welcome.
      > > When you get a chance, you must tell your story about them getting kicked
      > > out! It wasn't the Benes Decree was it?
      > >
      > > Peter M.
      > >

      > > On 30 November 2012 01:14, Cynthia Heyman <cynthia@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > **
      > > >

      > > > Hello, I just joined the group and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is
      > > > Cynthia Heyman, currently living in Salt Lake City, Utah.
      > > >
      > > > My Mother was born in Limbach, Slovakia, in 1939. I have her Mother's and
      > > > Grandmother's names, but not much more than that, and I'm interested in
      > > > finding out more about our ancestry. They were kicked out of Slovakia in
      > > > the early 1940s and returned to live in Bingen, Germany, where my mom grew
      > > > up. She moved to the USA in the 1960s.
      > > >
      > > > My Father is Danish and I'm also enjoying researching his ancestry as well.
      > > >
      > > > Nice to 'meet' everyone.
      > > > Cynthia

    • John
      Message 81 of 81 , Dec 8, 2012
        >>> Anyone who wishes to explore THAT topic should do so on Slovak World, please! <<<

        Acquiring new memberships at Slovak World is seemingly impossible. Greg Kopchak is not responding.