Re: Wars in hungary

  • icehowler15734
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2012
      My great grandpa came from kisbari hungary and my great grandmother came from parnov(places youve helped me try and find john but I still cant seem to find them, too many name changes lol)

      > Hungary was a big place before 1918. Any idea where the old folks cam from? Their death records are likely in the church books. ONDO was a common name in the area in and around Michalovce and Kosice.
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "icehowler15734" <icehowler15734@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all
      > >
      > > I'm looking on information on the wars fought between 1800-1900 a newly found source has told me that my great great grand parents were killed in a war in hungary but she couldnt remember what one, forgive me but I just dont know the history of the place like I do Scotland. I finally found a relative that will talk to me about the Ondo family(may even be spelled Ondov before Ellis Island) she may have Alzheimers and talking to her you only get half of your questions answered but its still more then what I had.
      > >
      > > Brian

    • icehowler15734
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2012
        By the way my 2nd cousin was talking, I dont think great grandpa was a soldier, she said they where killed in the war and great grandpa was rasied by his grandparants

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" <carl.kotlarchik@...> wrote:

        > Go to this link: http://ahmilitary.blogspot.com
        > In the appendices at the end of the article, you will find a list of all the wars that Austria-Hungary fought in between 1740 and 1918. Do you know the year in which your great-great grandfather was born? If so, look for a war that took place when he was between 20 and 24.
        > CK
        >
        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "icehowler15734" <icehowler15734@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi all
        > >
        > > I'm looking on information on the wars fought between 1800-1900 a newly found source has told me that my great great grand parents were killed in a war in hungary but she couldnt remember what one, forgive me but I just dont know the history of the place like I do Scotland. I finally found a relative that will talk to me about the Ondo family(may even be spelled Ondov before Ellis Island) she may have Alzheimers and talking to her you only get half of your questions answered but its still more then what I had.
        > >
        > > Brian

      • John
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2012
          >>> My great grandpa came from kisbari hungary and my great grandmother came from parnov(places youve helped me try and find john but I still cant seem to find them, too many name changes lol)<<<

          Mala Bara, Slovakia, formerly Kis-Bari, Zemplén, Hungary.

          Parchovany, Slovakia, formerly Parno, Zemplen, Hungary.
        • Brian Stewart
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2012
            Thankyou John I found them, now lets see if I can find some records from the mormons.