Re: [S-R] immigration to AUSTRALIA

  • edward amrick
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 20, 2012
      Hi,
      Here is a site with a passenger list of displaced persons going to Australia.
             http://www.immigrantships.net/v5/1900v5/generalballou19490429.html%c2%a0%c2%a0This site lists ships carrying displaced persons   http://www.immigrantships.net/ww2_au.html
      These sites are for the Australian National Archives  http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/using/search/%c2%a0s
         http://naa12.naa.gov.au/Login.htm
      Hope this helps,
      Ed
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 19

        Hi Nick,

        I am unable to find the actual ship, immigration report and arrival at port melbourne data for my paternal grandfather, but I do have the town in Victoria which he went to.  It was Ruffy near Euroa and Seymour.  Apparently it was a tabacco farm.  Would I find any documentation in the files of the owner of the farm, one Mr Rober Noye, or the sponsors of my paternal grandfather, who include Jan Hudak, later John Hudak who became the well known baker in Mildura?

        Joanne

        On 2012-11-21 00:56, Nick wrote:

        >There are ship records available from the Australian national
        >archives web address http://naa.gov.au/ I actually worked in the
        >Western Australian office for a while doing some work for the
        >Weather Bureau and learned a lot about my family coming to
        >Australia. I am sure you could look on the web and seek the
        >information you want.

        Regards
        Nick

      • Nick