immigration to AUSTRALIA

  • hmsbob@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 19, 2012
      Do any of the members have any kind of relatives that had immigrated to
      AUSTRALIA. from Slovakia?. If they did what form of transportation was
      used?. also if they did do you know if they have any slovak sights like
      Slovak World or Slovak Roots. Are there any kind of s ship records available?
      Any help would sure be appreciated. Found most of relatives i have found
      who migrated to the U.S. recently found out that possibly some also
      migrated to AUSTRALIA.

    • Nick
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 20, 2012
        >There are ship records available from the Australian national
        >archives web address http://naa.gov.au/ I actually worked in the
        >Western Australian office for a while doing some work for the
        >Weather Bureau and learned a lot about my family coming to
        >Australia. I am sure you could look on the web and seek the
        >information you want.

        Regards
        Nick
      • edward amrick
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 20, 2012
          Hi,
          Here is a site with a passenger list of displaced persons going to Australia.
                 http://www.immigrantships.net/v5/1900v5/generalballou19490429.html%c2%a0%c2%a0This site lists ships carrying displaced persons   http://www.immigrantships.net/ww2_au.html
          These sites are for the Australian National Archives  http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/using/search/%c2%a0s
             http://naa12.naa.gov.au/Login.htm
          Hope this helps,
          Ed
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 19, 2014

            Hi Nick,

            I am unable to find the actual ship, immigration report and arrival at port melbourne data for my paternal grandfather, but I do have the town in Victoria which he went to.  It was Ruffy near Euroa and Seymour.  Apparently it was a tabacco farm.  Would I find any documentation in the files of the owner of the farm, one Mr Rober Noye, or the sponsors of my paternal grandfather, who include Jan Hudak, later John Hudak who became the well known baker in Mildura?

            Joanne

            On 2012-11-21 00:56, Nick wrote:

            >There are ship records available from the Australian national
            >archives web address http://naa.gov.au/ I actually worked in the
            >Western Australian office for a while doing some work for the
            >Weather Bureau and learned a lot about my family coming to
            >Australia. I am sure you could look on the web and seek the
            >information you want.

            Regards
            Nick

          • Nick