Re: [S-R] Need help translating a birth record comment in Latin

  • Joe Armata
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2012
      Saros is Saris county.
      E thoro illegitimo means from an unlawful bed, or illegitimate.

      Joe

      > I could use some help with translating the comment section on the
      > following record:
      >
      > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-11689-52023-53?cc=1554443&wc=MMBR-Z2J:n1675412888
      >
      > Left side of the image, entry #11 for Nicholas, born December 16, 1861.
      >
      > Comment seems to read "Saros, e Thono it legitimo" May have something to
      > do with the legitimacy, but I cannot figure it out.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Judy

    • Judy
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2012
        Thank you Joe. I had tried Google Translate for "thoro" and it did say "bed", but that didn't seem to fit. With your explanation, it does make sense :)

      • lkocik@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2012
          Judy

           Sorry for the comment about you liking to be difficult.

            When I saw your name in my email inbox, I didn't look closely and  I thought it was from a friend of mine.

            This is an interesting thread though.

          Larry