Re: [S-R] What is poct. ml. on a Liptov marriage HUSKA-MISIK

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 1, 2012
      Thanks Ladislav - this is great!

      helene

      --- On Thu, 11/1/12, lacoros@... <lacoros@...> wrote:

      > From: lacoros@... <lacoros@...>
      > Subject: Re: [S-R] What is poct. ml. on a Liptov marriage HUSKA-MISIK
      > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 2:40 AM

      > Mestanov Nemecko Lupcianskych - the parents are
      > inhabitans of Nemecka Lupca - now Partizanska Lupca.
      >

      > Poct. ml. is poctivy mladenec the meaning is he was not
      > maried yet.
      >

      > Vystupili (when this is the correct reading) could mean he
      > was a guard. It is from the word vystupit. I have no
      > dictionary now and my english ...
      >

      > Ladislav

    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 7, 2012
        Dear Larry,

        Sorry to be so late but I just came back from Pitt where I attended the fest.

        I am looking for the marriage record for Michal Z~ilka, from Kuty  and Maria Spevak from Brodske.  also the matricula for Jozef Zilka born in Kuty January 17, 1900.

        Thanks for your help.

        Z Bohom,

        Vilo