Re: [S-R] finding records for Kuty and Brodske Early 1900's

  • lkocik@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 30, 2012
      Vilo

       Send me an email with the names your looking for, maybe I can help.

      Larry

      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 31, 2012
        Helping a friend who has Huska and Misik roots in Orava and Liptov.

        iN 1898 Gustav Huska son of Jozef Huska and Evy Misik are noted as mestanov nem.lupcianskych - poct. ml. (Know this place is now Partizanska Lupca and it sounds like they were town residents)

        can anyone tell me what poct. mil. means

        What is odd is he is 28 and evangelical and the bride is 32 and Roman Catholic - her name is Eva Misik but she is the daughter of Adam Misik and Maria Zvada of Liptovska Ondrasova.

        The witnesses are interesting too - one seems to be a county offical and the other is an Adam Misik who was a vystupily straznik - (could this mean he is learning to be a guard?)

        Both have cv or maybe ev after their occupation - does this indicate evangelical or something else?

        thanks
        helene
      • lacoros@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 31, 2012
          Mestanov Nemecko Lupcianskych - the parents are inhabitans of Nemecka Lupca - now Partizanska Lupca.

          Poct. ml. is poctivy mladenec the meaning is he was not maried yet.

          Vystupili (when this is the correct reading) could mean he was a guard. It is from the word vystupit. I have no dictionary now and my english ...

          Ladislav

          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 1, 2012
            Thanks Ladislav - this is great!

            helene

            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 7, 2012
              Dear Larry,

              Sorry to be so late but I just came back from Pitt where I attended the fest.

              I am looking for the marriage record for Michal Z~ilka, from Kuty  and Maria Spevak from Brodske.  also the matricula for Jozef Zilka born in Kuty January 17, 1900.

              Thanks for your help.

              Z Bohom,

              Vilo