finding records for Kuty and Brodske Early 1900's

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 30, 2012
      I have been asked to find Birth records for a man from Kuty and his wife from Brodske, Zahorie Slovakia,  Records on LDS don't show into the 1900's

      Does anyone have a suggestion?

      Z Bohom,
      Vilo

      ________________________________

        --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, "John" <johnqadam@...> wrote:
        >...... A lot of your family history from 1790 onward is probably covered in the 1869 Hungarian Census for Lubina 203.
        >
        > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-28478-3176-21?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-CLS:1849269815

      • John
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 30, 2012
          The records are in the civic registry office. I use the services of local cousins to acquire that type of info.

        • lkocik@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 30, 2012
            Vilo

             Send me an email with the names your looking for, maybe I can help.

            Larry

            Do you have a link to the searchable census?  I followed the link below but I'm guessing you searched and found a specific entry.  I couldn't figure out how to back up to the search site.  It sounds like a fantastic resource.

            Thanks you for your help!
            Laura

            >...... A lot of your family history from 1790 onward is probably covered in the 1869 Hungarian Census for Lubina 203.
            >
            > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-28478-3176-21?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-CLS:1849269815

          • helene cincebeaux
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 31, 2012
              Helping a friend who has Huska and Misik roots in Orava and Liptov.

              iN 1898 Gustav Huska son of Jozef Huska and Evy Misik are noted as mestanov nem.lupcianskych - poct. ml. (Know this place is now Partizanska Lupca and it sounds like they were town residents)

              can anyone tell me what poct. mil. means

              What is odd is he is 28 and evangelical and the bride is 32 and Roman Catholic - her name is Eva Misik but she is the daughter of Adam Misik and Maria Zvada of Liptovska Ondrasova.

              The witnesses are interesting too - one seems to be a county offical and the other is an Adam Misik who was a vystupily straznik - (could this mean he is learning to be a guard?)

              Both have cv or maybe ev after their occupation - does this indicate evangelical or something else?

              thanks
              helene
            • lacoros@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 31, 2012
                Mestanov Nemecko Lupcianskych - the parents are inhabitans of Nemecka Lupca - now Partizanska Lupca.

                Poct. ml. is poctivy mladenec the meaning is he was not maried yet.

                Vystupili (when this is the correct reading) could mean he was a guard. It is from the word vystupit. I have no dictionary now and my english ...

                Ladislav

                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 1, 2012
                  Thanks Ladislav - this is great!

                  helene

                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 7, 2012
                    Dear Larry,

                    Sorry to be so late but I just came back from Pitt where I attended the fest.

                    I am looking for the marriage record for Michal Z~ilka, from Kuty  and Maria Spevak from Brodske.  also the matricula for Jozef Zilka born in Kuty January 17, 1900.

                    Thanks for your help.

                    Z Bohom,

                    Vilo