Re: Update: [S-R] Slovak/Rusyn ancestors

  • Raularian
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 30, 2012
      Thank you all once again, especially Sam, John, Curt, Nick and Corinne, for the clues you provided.
      I will start checking on Remenye/Remeniny to see if my theory has any grounds. The village is quite close to Matovce and looks like a perfect match. As for Fedor, it does look like that indeed. However, I have some doubts because all the other (first) names (not just in the case of this family) are Magyarized, they sound 'Hungarian"-like and Fedor seems to be an exception.
      Best regards,
      Raul