Re: BOLFA ~ BUVALA ~ MARUSKIN

  • LINDA
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2012
      I am looking for above-mentioned surnames. Places of birth are: Garamszecs, Austria-Hungary and Polonka, Czechoslovakia. Names are: Michael Bolfa/Mary Maruskin/Mary Buvala/Barbara Buvala/Andrew Buvala/Frank Buvala.

      Thanks!
      Linda
    • MGMojher
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 2012
        Your Garamszecs is modern Polomka, Slovakia, as well as your Polonka, Czechoslovakia.
        Polomka BR/BC gemer.
        1773, 1786, 1888–1902 Polonka, 1808 Polomka, Polónka, 1863–1882 Polomka, 1907–1913 Garamszécs, 1920 Polomka, Polonka, 1927– Polomka

        The 1995 Slovak Census has 33 Buvala ,38 Maruskin and 6 Bol’fa listed in Polomka. You have found your ancestral village.

        I am looking for above-mentioned surnames. Places of birth are: Garamszecs, Austria-Hungary and Polonka, Czechoslovakia. Names are: Michael Bolfa/Mary Maruskin/Mary Buvala/Barbara Buvala/Andrew Buvala/Frank Buvala.

        Thanks!
        Linda

      • John
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 29, 2012
          >>> I am looking for above-mentioned surnames. Places of birth are: Garamszecs, Austria-Hungary and Polonka, Czechoslovakia. Names are: Michael Bolfa/Mary Maruskin/Mary Buvala/Barbara Buvala/Andrew Buvala/Frank Buvala.<<<

          LDS has ONLINE Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages, and deaths for Polomka (aka. Polonka), Slovakia; formerly Polonka (a.k.a. Polomka, Garamszécs), Gömör, Hungary.

          These records start in 1678.

          Happy squinting.
        • MGMojher
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 29, 2012
            Linda,
            What is your genealogy search experience? John told you that the records for Polomka are online. If you have not had the experience of looking at records in Slovakia then you will need some guidance. That is what we at Slovak-Roots are welling to give you.
            Michael