Re: [S-R] Cleaning up Old Photos?

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 28, 2012
      Brian,

      Step No. 1 is to title the best electronic copy with "Original" or whatever makes sense to you, and to ONLY work on copies of that original. That way you can make as many experiments and mistakes as you must in pursuit of that perfect photo.

      Ron

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "icehowler15734" <icehowler15734@...> wrote:

      > Ok I will try some of them, I dont have the origenal, the person I got it from had a scaned copy so what I have it all that is avalable. I found a program called photoscape it was free from download.com I will paly with it some and see what I come up with.
      > Thankyou
      > Brian
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Nick <nickh@> wrote:
      > >

      > > >Brian, there are quite a few software applications that you can use
      > > >the repair old photos . Photoshop is one and windows 7 has a photo
      > > >editor. I scanned a physically damaged photo of two of my children
      > > >when they were little and repaired it.
      > >
      > > Give it a go.
      > >

      > > Regards
      > > Nick

    • Nick Kerpchar
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 29, 2012
        Brian,
        I have restored many old photos.  The information given to you sounds appropriate, especially saving a copy of the original.
        If you are able to e-mail me a copy of one of the photos I will evaluate it and advise you of what I believe is the easiest way
        to restore for optimal quality ... there is no charge for this.
        Nick