Machajdik

  • John
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 28, 2012
      >>> From LUBINA, I am researching the name Machajdik. . . my Great Grandfather's first name was Adam, settled in PA. <<<

      Birth of Adam MACHAJDIK 18 Nov 1882 found in following online church record.

      Father Jan Machajdik; mother Katerina Kedrovic; AV; Lubina 203.

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-159391-322255-74?cc=1554443&wc=MMBR-6Q5:357394004

      Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Evangelical (Evanjelícká cirkev)Nové Mesto nad Váhom Lubina Baptisms (Krsty) 1877-1895 (Inv. č. 1314)Image 77 of 244

      With that birth record and the 1869 Hungarian Census info for Lubina 203, you have your Machajdik family scoped out back to 1790.
    • John
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 28, 2012
        >>> From LUBINA, I am researching the name Machajdik. <<<

        Marriage of Adam Machajdik to Katerina Miko was 28 January 1908 and is seen at:

        https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-159391-393131-42?cc=1554443&wc=MMBR-674:1630681841

        Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Evangelical (Evanjelícká cirkev)Nové Mesto nad Váhom LubinaMarriages (Manželstvá) 1868-1910 (Inv. č. 1316)Image 244 of 256
      • Laura
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 30, 2012
          Do you have a link to the searchable census? I followed the link below but I'm guessing you searched and found a specific entry. I couldn't figure out how to back up to the search site. It sounds like a fantastic resource.

          Thanks you for your help!
          Laura

          >...... A lot of your family history from 1790 onward is probably covered in the 1869 Hungarian Census for Lubina 203.
          >
          > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-28478-3176-21?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-CLS:1849269815
        • John
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 30, 2012
            The 1869 Hungarian Census is not searchable. I had the house number from the church records.

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <laura@...> wrote:

            > Do you have a link to the searchable census? I followed the link below but I'm guessing you searched and found a specific entry. I couldn't figure out how to back up to the search site. It sounds like a fantastic resource.
            >
            > Thanks you for your help!
            > Laura

            > >...... A lot of your family history from 1790 onward is probably covered in the 1869 Hungarian Census for Lubina 203.
            > >
            > > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-28478-3176-21?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-CLS:1849269815

          • William C. Wormuth
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 30, 2012
              I have been asked to find Birth records for a man from Kuty and his wife from Brodske, Zahorie Slovakia,  Records on LDS don't show into the 1900's

              Does anyone have a suggestion?

              Z Bohom,
              Vilo

              ________________________________
              Do you have a link to the searchable census? I followed the link below but I'm guessing you searched and found a specific entry. I couldn't figure out how to back up to the search site. It sounds like a fantastic resource.

              Thanks you for your help!
              Laura

              >...... A lot of your family history from 1790 onward is probably covered in the 1869 Hungarian Census for Lubina 203.
              >
              > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-28478-3176-21?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-CLS:1849269815

            • MGMojher

                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 30, 2012
                  The records are in the civic registry office. I use the services of local cousins to acquire that type of info.

                • lkocik@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 30, 2012
                    Vilo

                     Send me an email with the names your looking for, maybe I can help.

                    Larry

                    Do you have a link to the searchable census?  I followed the link below but I'm guessing you searched and found a specific entry.  I couldn't figure out how to back up to the search site.  It sounds like a fantastic resource.

                    Thanks you for your help!
                    Laura

                    >...... A lot of your family history from 1790 onward is probably covered in the 1869 Hungarian Census for Lubina 203.
                    >
                    > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-28478-3176-21?cc=1986782&wc=MMRC-CLS:1849269815

                  • helene cincebeaux
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 31, 2012
                      Helping a friend who has Huska and Misik roots in Orava and Liptov.

                      iN 1898 Gustav Huska son of Jozef Huska and Evy Misik are noted as mestanov nem.lupcianskych - poct. ml. (Know this place is now Partizanska Lupca and it sounds like they were town residents)

                      can anyone tell me what poct. mil. means

                      What is odd is he is 28 and evangelical and the bride is 32 and Roman Catholic - her name is Eva Misik but she is the daughter of Adam Misik and Maria Zvada of Liptovska Ondrasova.

                      The witnesses are interesting too - one seems to be a county offical and the other is an Adam Misik who was a vystupily straznik - (could this mean he is learning to be a guard?)

                      Both have cv or maybe ev after their occupation - does this indicate evangelical or something else?

                      thanks
                      helene
                    • lacoros@gmail.com
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 31, 2012
                        Mestanov Nemecko Lupcianskych - the parents are inhabitans of Nemecka Lupca - now Partizanska Lupca.

                        Poct. ml. is poctivy mladenec the meaning is he was not maried yet.

                        Vystupili (when this is the correct reading) could mean he was a guard. It is from the word vystupit. I have no dictionary now and my english ...

                        Ladislav

                        Message 11 of 19 , Nov 1, 2012
                          Thanks Ladislav - this is great!

                          helene

                          Message 12 of 19 , Nov 7, 2012
                            Dear Larry,

                            Sorry to be so late but I just came back from Pitt where I attended the fest.

                            I am looking for the marriage record for Michal Z~ilka, from Kuty  and Maria Spevak from Brodske.  also the matricula for Jozef Zilka born in Kuty January 17, 1900.

                            Thanks for your help.

                            Z Bohom,

                            Vilo