Re: MIKLISH surname location

  • Judy
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 26, 2012
      Thanks so much John for your continued help.

      I saw Nikols MIKLICS on the Morse hits and thought for sure I had him until I looked at the birth year of 1880. My guy was born in 1861.

      Looked thru the records for Stropkov and Nizna Sebastova.

      I found a long shot in Stropkov - #11 Nicolaus, born Dec 16, 1861, different surname, but it was an illigitimate birth. Record doesn't indicate a later change to legitimate. Besides, there is that little +, which I'm pretty sure indicated the child died.
      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-11689-52023-53?cc=1554443&wc=MMBR-Z2J:n1675412888

      Nothing at Nizna Sebastova.

      I cann't seem to find Roznava/ Haèava,Ko¹ice-okolie, Slovakia.

      I can work my way through the records once I find them, but I have trouble getting to them jsut from the village name.