baptismal record info question: "duchtas domkar" and Ev.AV ?

  • Laura
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 25, 2012
      I'm just now learning that the baptismal records contain more info on the family (my records are the Evangelical Lutheran church in Lubina). Can someone help interpret? Something after some of the males' names looks like: "duchtas domkar". "Domkar" is after many of the men's names on the page and, although it didn't translate in googletranslate, google itself pulled up a translation, meaning "Crofter", which is someone who occupies and works a small landholding, and he's usually a tenant. This would make sense. The "duchtas" part is less common on that page, so I'm wondering what it refers to. Any ideas? It's not translating anywhere. Duchtas, duchtav, duchtar.....?

      And this is after most of the females (or else, just at the end of the list of people): Ev. AV. An abbreviation for.....?

      Thanks!
      Laura
    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 25, 2012
        >>>this is after most of the females (or else, just at the end of the list of people): Ev. AV. An abbreviation for.....? <<<

        Evangelical Lutheran