online Grisak autobiography?

  • Laura
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2012
      Searching through the archives here, I found information about an online autobiography written about Joseph Grisak. However, I can't seem to find it. The link doesn't work for me, nor does even www.saed.kent.edu

      "GRISAK BOOK
      There is an excellent book about the Rusyn US-immigrant experience. It's an
      autobiography of Joseph Grisak, 1873-1950, born in Slovinky, (today's Slovakia).
      It goes into great depth describing day-to-day living.
      It has been scanned and is available at
      www.saed.kent.edu/~lucak/topica/Grisak.pdf
      It is 352 Kb and 98 pages in length. You will need Acrobat reader.

      From the Library of Congress on-line catalog:
      Title: The Grisak family
      Authors: Grisak, Michael J. , 1910- (Main Author) *
      LC Control Number: 79103327
      Published/Created: [Merrillville, Ind.] : Grisak, [1978-1979]
      Dewey Class No.: 943.7/03/0922 B"

      Does anyone know how to access the autobiography?

      Thanks,
      Laura
    • John
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 25, 2012
        It has apparently been removed.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <laura@...> wrote:

        > Searching through the archives here, I found information about an online autobiography written about Joseph Grisak. However, I can't seem to find it. The link doesn't work for me, nor does even www.saed.kent.edu
        >
        > "GRISAK BOOK
        > There is an excellent book about the Rusyn US-immigrant experience. It's an
        > autobiography of Joseph Grisak, 1873-1950, born in Slovinky, (today's Slovakia).
        > It goes into great depth describing day-to-day living.
        > It has been scanned and is available at
        > www.saed.kent.edu/~lucak/topica/Grisak.pdf
        > It is 352 Kb and 98 pages in length. You will need Acrobat reader.
        >
        > From the Library of Congress on-line catalog:
        > Title: The Grisak family
        > Authors: Grisak, Michael J. , 1910- (Main Author) *
        > LC Control Number: 79103327
        > Published/Created: [Merrillville, Ind.] : Grisak, [1978-1979]
        > Dewey Class No.: 943.7/03/0922 B"
        >

        > Does anyone know how to access the autobiography?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Laura

      • Julie Mark
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 25, 2012
          I downloaded it a couple years ago - a 100 page pdf document. If you want
          it, send me an email and I'd be happy to forward it to you.

          Julie