Re: [S-R] 100 year rule: Multiple books in one set of records

  • htcstech
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2012
      Hello Jody,
      It shouldn't have anything to do with the 100 year rule unless the last
      record goes within an arbitary 100 years as far as Family Search is
      concerned.
      I followed your method to get to Sedliacka Dubová and came up with the
      microfilm numbers and I eventually found a valid link to the actual records.
      There are a number of books and most of them are combined for births,
      marriages and deaths.

      In every single church record that combines births, deaths and marriages in
      one book, often the births are first, then either the marriages or deaths
      follow, deep into the page numbers. So for a 300 page book, births probably
      use 100 pages, marriages 125 and deaths 75. You just have to pick a random
      page or image number to find the section you are looking for.

      I chose the first book and randomly picked image 10 out of 747 and it
      showed the death records for 1821 ~ just so happens that I found Josephus
      Gonda.
      Image 210 are births of 1870
      Image 410 are marriages of 1872

      So they are all there, but all combined into 1 record. By the looks of it
      there may be multiple sets of births, deaths and records, so you'll have to
      do your own sorting.

      Try this link:
      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-22638-26274-38?cc=1554443&wc=MMYV-LVX:1611666687#uri=https%3A%2F%2Ffamilysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fwaypoint%2FMMYV-VRP%3A1826733009%3Fcc%3D1554443

      I should point out that the 100 year rule is a political rule, not
      necessarily followed by the church. If you go to the actual church and
      speak kindly to the priest, you should have access to much later records :)

      Peter M.

      On 11 October 2012 08:40, Jody Gonda <jodygonda4@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Peter,
      >
      > I am confused with this discussion, and here is why. When I search on the
      > catalog in the LDS Familysearch.org - I search by place names; Sedliacka
      > Dubova. I then select the Secliacka Dubova Church Records and click on;
      > Cirkena matrika, 1697-1909.
      > Then mid-page I can click on - Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books are
      > available online, click here.
      >

      > This is where it is confusing to me. All of the records are baptizims.
      > The description for these records are;
      >
      > Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and deaths for
      > Sedliacka Dubová, Slovakia, formerly Paraszt-Dubova, Árva, Hungary. text in
      > Latin and Hungarian.
      >
      > So why isn't the marriage or death records also included? Is this part of
      > the 100 year rule Tom Geiss is asking about?
      >
      > Jody Gonda
      > Old genealogists never die, they just lose their census!

    • Jody Gonda
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2012
        Thank you!!!

        Jody