Tkac-Kusnirik

  • lkusneri
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2012
      Michael Kusnirik listed on marriage record in Illinois as Tkac(Kusnirik)
      B:01/1866 (census) in Sarisska Czechoslovakia, death records show DOB 9/25/1864

      D:29 Jan 1929 in Streator, La Salle, Illinois
      Parents: Andrew Tkac on marriage record, Andrew Kusnirik elsewhere
      Anna Kusnirik, Anna Petro on death record
      Anna Kusnjerik on immigration 11/24/1894, widowed

      Married to:Susan Simko
      Birth Apr 1872 in Sarisska Czechoslovakia
      Death 25 May 1938 in Streator, Illinois
      Parents:Andreas Simko
      Birth in Lucka, Austria, Hungary
      Death 1873 in Lucka, Austria, Hungary
      & Anna Marczinko

      Name at end of record was Mihal Tkac-Kusnirik
      Never seen the Tkac until this marriage record, not sure what to think.
    • genmom4
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 10, 2012
        Tkac/Takac/Takacs is a very common surname. Perhaps you are seeing an "alias" here to confirm the proper Tkac surname family.

        I have never been able to trace back my Takac line as there are so many in the church registry, and no parents names are given in marriage records to substantiate who belonged to whom.
        I have a huge spreadsheet listing all of the Takac relatives in the registry and I still cannot determine the correct family.
        Because of my own experience, I can only speculate the reason for Tkac finally showing up in your records.

        Hopefully, you'll find some more links.

        Barbara

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lkusneri" <lori-kusnerik@...> wrote:

        > Michael Kusnirik listed on marriage record in Illinois as Tkac(Kusnirik)
        > B:01/1866 (census) in Sarisska Czechoslovakia, death records show DOB 9/25/1864
        >
        > D:29 Jan 1929 in Streator, La Salle, Illinois
        > Parents: Andrew Tkac on marriage record, Andrew Kusnirik elsewhere
        > Anna Kusnirik, Anna Petro on death record
        > Anna Kusnjerik on immigration 11/24/1894, widowed
        >
        > Married to:Susan Simko
        > Birth Apr 1872 in Sarisska Czechoslovakia
        > Death 25 May 1938 in Streator, Illinois
        > Parents:Andreas Simko
        > Birth in Lucka, Austria, Hungary
        > Death 1873 in Lucka, Austria, Hungary
        > & Anna Marczinko
        >
        > Name at end of record was Mihal Tkac-Kusnirik
        > Never seen the Tkac until this marriage record, not sure what to think.

      • William C. Wormuth
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2012
          Barbara,

          A Tkac~ [Tkahch] is a weaver.

          Z Bohom,

          Vilo

          ________________________________
          Tkac/Takac/Takacs is a very common surname. Perhaps you are seeing an "alias" here to confirm the proper Tkac surname family.

          I have never been able to trace back my Takac line as there are so many in the church registry, and no parents names are given in marriage records to substantiate who belonged to whom.
          I have a huge spreadsheet listing all of the Takac relatives in the registry and I still cannot determine the correct family.
          Because of my own experience, I can only speculate the reason for Tkac finally showing up in your records.

          Hopefully, you'll find some more links.

          Barbara

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lkusneri" <lori-kusnerik@...> wrote:

          > Michael Kusnirik listed on marriage record in Illinois as Tkac(Kusnirik)
          > B:01/1866 (census) in Sarisska Czechoslovakia, death records show DOB 9/25/1864
          >
          > D:29 Jan 1929 in Streator, La Salle, Illinois
          > Parents: Andrew Tkac on marriage record, Andrew Kusnirik elsewhere
          > Anna Kusnirik, Anna Petro on death record
          > Anna Kusnjerik on immigration 11/24/1894, widowed
          >
          > Married to:Susan Simko
          > Birth Apr 1872 in Sarisska Czechoslovakia
          > Death 25 May 1938 in Streator, Illinois
          > Parents:Andreas Simko
          > Birth in Lucka, Austria, Hungary
          > Death 1873 in Lucka, Austria, Hungary
          > & Anna Marczinko
          >
          > Name at end of record was Mihal Tkac-Kusnirik
          > Never seen the Tkac until this marriage record, not sure what to think.

        • Corinne C. Musto
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2012
            My grandfather was a Tkac from Dukafalis/Dukafalva. He settled in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania.
            After he was in here for around 10 years his surname was Americanized to "Kotch".

            Corinne

            ________________________________
            Tkac/Takac/Takacs is a very common surname.  Perhaps you are seeing an "alias" here to confirm the proper Tkac surname family.

            I have never been able to trace back my Takac line as there are so many in the church registry, and no parents names are given in marriage records to substantiate who belonged to whom.
            I have a huge spreadsheet listing all of the Takac relatives in the registry and I still cannot determine the correct family.
            Because of my own experience, I can only speculate the reason for Tkac finally showing up in your records.

            Hopefully, you'll find some more links.

            Barbara

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lkusneri" <lori-kusnerik@...> wrote:

            > Michael Kusnirik listed on marriage record in Illinois as Tkac(Kusnirik)
            > B:01/1866 (census) in Sarisska Czechoslovakia, death records show DOB 9/25/1864
            >
            > D:29 Jan 1929 in Streator, La Salle, Illinois
            > Parents: Andrew Tkac on marriage record, Andrew Kusnirik elsewhere
            > Anna Kusnirik, Anna Petro on death record
            > Anna Kusnjerik on immigration 11/24/1894, widowed
            >
            > Married to:Susan Simko
            > Birth Apr 1872 in Sarisska Czechoslovakia
            > Death 25 May 1938 in Streator, Illinois
            > Parents:Andreas Simko
            > Birth in Lucka, Austria, Hungary
            > Death 1873 in Lucka, Austria, Hungary
            > & Anna Marczinko
            >
            > Name at end of record was Mihal Tkac-Kusnirik
            > Never seen the Tkac until this marriage record, not sure what to think.

          • htcstech
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 10, 2012
              It could be an alias, but you must consider that it could be a label
              defining who the person was. Takács as in weaver in Hungarian, or Tkáč in
              Slovak. He was probably known as both and adopted the name to differentiate
              himself from others in the village.

              Peter M.