Re: [S-R] Re: Hospodar, George and Sabo, Kudra

  • htcstech
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 2 5:06 PM
      JohnQ,
      'Nemtelen' has a lot of meanings and in this case probably means homeless,
      destitute etc.. It is not a town/village name.
      As far as I can make out, the village name is Koleshos or Koleskos-Szarmezo
      or something similar. Szarmezo means 'muddy fields'. Not sure about the
      first word.

      Peter M

      On 2 October 2012 23:57, John <johnqadam@...> wrote:

      > **

      > Beley, packed up and went back to Slovakia. <<<
      >
      > In the RC records for Nizny Hrusov, there is a scant bit of information on
      > page 447/658 that PAULISIN RC lived in Khmezo = Dlhe Klcovo.
      >
      > IF we have the "right" Maria TIMKO, her birth is in the Nizny Hrusov RC
      > records 20 August 1847 on page 81/672 and she is from Nemtelen, which I am
      > unable to locate. If it is a nearby village, which one? OR, does is mean
      > that both parents are from Dlhe Klcovo? Greater minds will need to be
      > brought to bear on this question.
      >

      > https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11566-34408-1?cc=1554443&wc=MMYV-5MV:n1204916007

    • vera holman
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 2 5:16 PM
        John,

        I believe that I did inform the site , the known town is Micholovce, SK.
        That is the only town meniton in my family history. Vera