Re: Hospodar, George and Sabo, Kudra

  • John
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 30 5:16 PM
      >>> My mother,ANNA SABO (m. JAN BELEY) was born in the town of MICHALOVCE, SLOVAKIA. <<<

      Born what year? Married where -- USA or Slovakia?
    • vera holman
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 30 6:47 PM
        John,
        As far as I know , the wedding took place in Michalovce, SK.
        My Dad Jan Beley (John Bailley ( americanized) was born in Loyalhanna,
        PA.,on August 4, 1896.

        It is confusing, I know. My grandparents (Janos and Maria Beley)came to
        USA in 1895? , and stopped in the town of Loyalhanna, PA. Just this
        summer, was able to learn about the eath, of my grandfater, Janos Beley.
        He was killed in one of the mines in Loyalhanna, 1901?. When my Dad , was
        about 5-6 years old, his mother Maria Timko Pavlisin Beley, packed up and
        went back to Slovakia.
        . On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 5:16 PM, John <johnqadam@...> wrote:

        > **

        > 1921.

        Anna was born in the town of MICHALOVCE, SLOVAKIA. <<<They came to USA

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
          >>> When my Dad , was about 5-6 years old, his mother Maria Timko Pavlisin Beley, packed up and went back to Slovakia. <<<

          In the RC records for Nizny Hrusov, there is a scant bit of information on page 447/658 that PAULISIN RC lived in Khmezo = Dlhe Klcovo.

          IF we have the "right" Maria TIMKO, her birth is in the Nizny Hrusov RC records 20 August 1847 on page 81/672 and she is from Nemtelen, which I am unable to locate. If it is a nearby village, which one? OR, does is mean that both parents are from Dlhe Klcovo? Greater minds will need to be brought to bear on this question.

          https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11566-34408-1?cc=1554443&wc=MMYV-5MV:n1204916007
        • vera holman
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
            John,
            Greatly, appreicate very much, your precious time in researching info on
            my BELEY family. I would like to get hints and helps in locating my Kudra,
            Hospodar, Sabo families. They are the ones I have no up to date knowledge
            of any of them, with that surname Given a gift to the #1 genalogy site,
            nothing was obtained concerning them.
            Blessings, Vera

            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
              >>> I would like to get hints and helps in locating my Kudra, Hospodar, Sabo families. <<<

              Surname(s) alone won't do. We need a village name or something that points to a village.
            • htcstech
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
                JohnQ,
                'Nemtelen' has a lot of meanings and in this case probably means homeless,
                destitute etc.. It is not a town/village name.
                As far as I can make out, the village name is Koleshos or Koleskos-Szarmezo
                or something similar. Szarmezo means 'muddy fields'. Not sure about the
                first word.

                Peter M

                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
                  John,

                  I believe that I did inform the site , the known town is Micholovce, SK.
                  That is the only town meniton in my family history. Vera