Re: [S-R] Hungarian Translation

  • patskanovo
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2012
      The jury has returned a verdict...

      He is elder son of Janos (idosebnek legeny fia Janos).

      Thanks,

      Dennis

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...>
      wrote:

      > That is what one on-line Hungarian dictionary was trying to complete
      for me.....

      > Dennis
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Martin" martin@ wrote:
      > >

      > > Could it be idosebbnek, which means senior?
      > >
      > > Sue

      son

    • lacoros@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 30, 2012
        I am not so sure with the translation, i would be more with "Janos is the son of the elder" (in case the hungarian text is OK).

        Where cann i see the picture with the text?

        Ladislav

        wrote:

        > That is what one on-line Hungarian dictionary was trying to complete
        for me.....

        > Dennis
        >
        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Martin" martin@ wrote:
        > >

        > > Could it be idosebbnek, which means senior?
        > >
        > > Sue

      • Ladislav Rosival
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2012
          Ok now i see the file, so the translation is: Pilat Mihaly (g.kat), the son
          of Pilat Janos senior, living in Remenye. The word leg�ny cann mean in this
          context that this Mih�ly is not married yet. (I am not sure for 100 % - only
          for 90 %).

          Ladislav

          , "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...>