Need help in finding correct film

  • Jody Gonda
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2012
      I recently started my Gonda family research once again, and am having difficulty in finding the correct LDS film to do research.

      Recently I looked at film # 1924899 item 2 - Slovakia. Dolny Kubin, Kriva Church Records for 1855 - 1898.  I was able to find many of my family's records on this film!  The film only goes back to 1855 - what film is there that will have records prior to 1855?

       I also would like to look at the 1869 Census records for Kriva.  With the census records I will then be able to see the family's and possibly the address of the house they lived in at that time.  I have a picture of a Peter Gonda living in the Gonda house under a large beam that reads;
      " This home founded by Joseph Gonda 1851 3d of April ".  Last week I viewed film # 722727 - which appears to contain Kriva, but there were no Gonda's listed.  Anyone have any suggestions?

      Jody Gonda
      Old genealogists never die, they just lose their census!

    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2012
        >>> Recently I looked at film # 1924899 item 2 - Slovakia. Dolny Kubin, Kriva Church Records for 1855 - 1898.  I was able to find many of my family's records on this film!  The film only goes back to 1855 - what film is there that will have records prior to 1855?  <<<

        None shown at LDS.

        >>>  I also would like to look at the 1869 Census records for Kriva.  With the census records I will then be able to see the family's and possibly the address of the house they lived in at that time. <<<

        There is no copy of the 1869 Hungarian Census for Arva Megye shown on LDS.