RE: [S-R] Re: Moravitz Morawitz et al

  • Deidre Heindl
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 10, 2001
      Could you translate some of the areas so that I can enter it?
      Which word means last name/surname?

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 10, 2001
        At 09:36 AM 4/10/01 -0700, you wrote:
        >Could you translate some of the areas so that I can enter it?
        >Which word means last name/surname?
        >---------------------------------------------------------------------_->

        Unless you have Czech keyboard capability, make certain the Diakritika box
        in the lower right is unchecked.

        Pr^ijemni = surname
        Jmeno = given name
        Ulice = street

        Mesto/Obec = town/village

        Mestská cást: = postal code (I'm pretty sure.)

        On the right is Title, House number, and "beats me?" which normally aren't
        critical.

        John
      • John
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 10, 2001
          At 09:36 AM 4/10/01 -0700, you wrote:
          >Could you translate some of the areas so that I can enter it?
          >Which word means last name/surname?
          >---------------------------------------------------------------------_->

          Horní Bríza 330 12 okres Plzen-sever, pošta Horní Bríza, UTO 019 Plzen

          It looks like the postal code is 330 12, the county is Plzen-sever(?), the
          post office is Horni Briza, and the UTO, whatever that is, is 019 Plzen.

          I didn't translate the message I was getting correctly when I tried Horni
          Briza phone numbers. It was telling me that it didn't find the name of the
          person and not the name of the town. When I tossed in a sure thing surname
          like Svoboda or Novak it worked.

          UTO
          Prijmeni a jmeno
          Adresa
          019
          Svoboda Jaromir Horni Briza, K Trnove 117
          Svoboda Jaromir Horni Briza, U trati 577
          Svoboda Jaroslav Horni Briza, tr.1.maje 154
          Svoboda Milan Horni Briza, Komenskeho 613
          Svoboda Miroslav Horni Briza, Lipova 610
          Svoboda Vaclav Horni Briza, Sidlistni 489

          John
        • Imrich Petrov,M.D.
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 13, 2001
            >Mestská cást: = postal code (I'm pretty sure.)

            In my opinion " městská část " isn`t postal code. In Czech and Slovak
            Republic some cities
            are divided into parts . Městská část = part of the town.
            For example:
            Bratislava -Staré Mesto, Nové Mesto etc.
            Praha- Staré Město, Nové Město, Malá Strana etc.

            Imrich

          • jmatsko@prodigy.net
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 13, 2001
              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Imrich Petrov,M.D." <petrovi@n...> wrote:

              > >Mestská cást: = postal code (I'm pretty sure.)
              >
              > In my opinion " mìstská èást " isn`t postal code. In Czech and
              Slovak

              Date: 13 Apr 2001 22:54:21 -0000
              Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 15:54:21 -0700 (PDT)
              From: John Matsko <yawho2001@...>
              Subject: Re: [S-R] RE: Re: Moravitz Morawitz et al
              To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

              --- "Imrich Petrov,M.D." <petrovi@...> wrote:

              > >Mestská cást: = postal code (I'm pretty sure.)
              >
              > In my opinion " mìstská èást " isn`t postal code.
              > In Czech and Slovak Republic some cities are divided
              into parts . Mìstská èást = part of the town.

              Thank you Imrich. I may have incorrectly designated mistska c^ast as
              a postal code. I was basing my guess on my letters to my cousin in
              Praha. Praha appears to be divided into several zones (parts). Part
              of his address is: 100 00 Praha 10. I thought the 10 designated the
              c^ast (part or code) and the 100 00 was the postal code.

              I just went to: http://www.iol.cz/TLF/ and tried putting in novo
              mesto in Mestska C^ast and got a response that said I must put in a
              number. When I put in the 10 (instead of the name) and my cousin's
              surname I was able to get his address and phone number. It appears
              that the 10 is the c^ast.

              John