RE: [S-R] Hungarian Translation

  • Sue Martin
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2012
      Could it be idosebbnek, which means senior?

      Sue

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 30, 2012
        sebnek is a wound

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 30, 2012
          That is what one on-line Hungarian dictionary was trying to complete for me.....

          Dennis

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Martin" <martin@...> wrote:

          > Could it be idosebbnek, which means senior?
          >
          > Sue

        • patskanovo
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 30, 2012
            The jury has returned a verdict...

            He is elder son of Janos (idosebnek legeny fia Janos).

            Thanks,

            Dennis

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...>

          • lacoros@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 30, 2012
              I am not so sure with the translation, i would be more with "Janos is the son of the elder" (in case the hungarian text is OK).

              Where cann i see the picture with the text?

              Ladislav

              wrote:

              > That is what one on-line Hungarian dictionary was trying to complete
              for me.....

              > Dennis
              >
              > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Martin" martin@ wrote:
              > >

              > > Could it be idosebbnek, which means senior?
              > >
              > > Sue

            • Ladislav Rosival
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 1, 2012
                Ok now i see the file, so the translation is: Pilat Mihaly (g.kat), the son
                of Pilat Janos senior, living in Remenye. The word leg�ny cann mean in this
                context that this Mih�ly is not married yet. (I am not sure for 100 % - only
                for 90 %).

                Ladislav

                , "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...>