Hungarian Translation

  • patskanovo
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2012
      Ahoj Group,

      I have searched all available sources and Hungarian to English
      dictionaries for a translation of what I beleive is the Hungarian word
      "idosebnek" or possibly "ulosebnek"

      Following the letter "O" in this word is a character that seems to be an
      "S" but is written unlike other examples given....

      I believe I am reading Pilat Mihaly (GC) Pilat Janos, occupation ? son
      of and then Remeniny.

      I will post this to our files if someone would be so kind as to take a
      crack at this...

      Thanks all,

      Dennis
    • Sue Martin
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 30, 2012
        Could it be idosebbnek, which means senior?

        Sue

        I have searched all available sources and Hungarian to English
        dictionaries for a translation of what I beleive is the Hungarian word
        "idosebnek" or possibly "ulosebnek"

        Following the letter "O" in this word is a character that seems to be an
        "S" but is written unlike other examples given....

        I believe I am reading Pilat Mihaly (GC) Pilat Janos, occupation ? son
        of and then Remeniny.

        I will post this to our files if someone would be so kind as to take a
        crack at this...

        Thanks all,

        Dennis

      • William C. Wormuth
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 30, 2012
          sebnek is a wound

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 30, 2012
            That is what one on-line Hungarian dictionary was trying to complete for me.....

            Dennis

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Martin" <martin@...> wrote:

            > Could it be idosebbnek, which means senior?
            >
            > Sue

          • patskanovo
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 30, 2012
              The jury has returned a verdict...

              He is elder son of Janos (idosebnek legeny fia Janos).

              Thanks,

              Dennis

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...>

            • lacoros@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 30, 2012
                I am not so sure with the translation, i would be more with "Janos is the son of the elder" (in case the hungarian text is OK).

                Where cann i see the picture with the text?

                Ladislav

                wrote:

                > That is what one on-line Hungarian dictionary was trying to complete
                for me.....

                > Dennis
                >
                > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Martin" martin@ wrote:
                > >

                > > Could it be idosebbnek, which means senior?
                > >
                > > Sue

              • Ladislav Rosival
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 1, 2012
                  Ok now i see the file, so the translation is: Pilat Mihaly (g.kat), the son
                  of Pilat Janos senior, living in Remenye. The word leg�ny cann mean in this
                  context that this Mih�ly is not married yet. (I am not sure for 100 % - only
                  for 90 %).

                  Ladislav

                  , "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...>