Re: Hospodar, George and Sabo, Kudra

  • John
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 30, 2012
      >>> descendent of JOHN (b. 1848)and ANNE HOSPODAR KUDRA(b. 1850, d. 1910-age 85) <<<

      In the online RC and GC church records for Michalovce, there are no relevant instances of KUDRA births or marriages. HOSPODAR appears to be GC.

      We need to nail down a village name in order to get started.
    • Sue Martin
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 30, 2012
        The Slovakia portal web site no longer exists, at least not as the link you posted.

        Sue

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 30, 2012
          ....haven't followed this thread completely, but have you checked out
          the name/spelling KUDRICK?...My Mom used to speak of this name. I
          believe from the area Michalovce/Cierne Pole/Trebisov.
          On Sep 30, 2012, at 8:10 AM, John wrote:

          > 1910-age 85) <<<
          >
          > In the online RC and GC church records for Michalovce, there are no
          > relevant instances of KUDRA births or marriages. HOSPODAR appears to
          > be GC.
          >
          > We need to nail down a village name in order to get started.

        • William C. Wormuth
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 30, 2012
            There are 33 Kudrik listed in the directory.  No Kudrick.; Hospodar lists 107 .

            Z Bohom,

            Vilo

            ________________________________
            ....haven't followed this thread completely, but have you checked out
            the name/spelling KUDRICK?...My Mom used to speak of this name. I
            believe from the area Michalovce/Cierne Pole/Trebisov.

            > 1910-age 85) <<<
            >
            > In the online RC and GC church records for Michalovce, there are no
            > relevant instances of KUDRA births or marriages. HOSPODAR appears to
            > be GC.
            >
            > We need to nail down a village name in order to get started.

          • vera holman
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 30, 2012
              Thank you all, for your quick replies to my request. Appreciate all the
              that still exists today!!

              It is very overwhelming ,especially, since my experience lacks the
              know-how of foreign research. Can one gain access to a possible list of
              these , or at least a few of these Slovakian names , with their e-mail
              address? The Best to All, Vera

            • John
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 30, 2012
                >>> Can one gain access to a possible list of these, or at least a few of these Slovakian names, with their e-mail address? <<<

                Ladislav Belej
                Lesne 77,
                07101 Lesne
                SLOVAKIA
              • John
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 30, 2012
                  >>> My mother,ANNA SABO (m. JAN BELEY) was born in the town of MICHALOVCE, SLOVAKIA. <<<

                  Born what year? Married where -- USA or Slovakia?
                • vera holman
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 30, 2012
                    John,
                    As far as I know , the wedding took place in Michalovce, SK.
                    My Dad Jan Beley (John Bailley ( americanized) was born in Loyalhanna,
                    PA.,on August 4, 1896.

                    It is confusing, I know. My grandparents (Janos and Maria Beley)came to
                    USA in 1895? , and stopped in the town of Loyalhanna, PA. Just this
                    summer, was able to learn about the eath, of my grandfater, Janos Beley.
                    He was killed in one of the mines in Loyalhanna, 1901?. When my Dad , was
                    about 5-6 years old, his mother Maria Timko Pavlisin Beley, packed up and
                    went back to Slovakia.
                    . On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 5:16 PM, John <johnqadam@...> wrote:

                    > **

                    > 1921.

                    Anna was born in the town of MICHALOVCE, SLOVAKIA. <<<They came to USA

                    Message 9 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
                      >>> When my Dad , was about 5-6 years old, his mother Maria Timko Pavlisin Beley, packed up and went back to Slovakia. <<<

                      In the RC records for Nizny Hrusov, there is a scant bit of information on page 447/658 that PAULISIN RC lived in Khmezo = Dlhe Klcovo.

                      IF we have the "right" Maria TIMKO, her birth is in the Nizny Hrusov RC records 20 August 1847 on page 81/672 and she is from Nemtelen, which I am unable to locate. If it is a nearby village, which one? OR, does is mean that both parents are from Dlhe Klcovo? Greater minds will need to be brought to bear on this question.

                      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11566-34408-1?cc=1554443&wc=MMYV-5MV:n1204916007
                    • vera holman
                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
                        John,
                        Greatly, appreicate very much, your precious time in researching info on
                        my BELEY family. I would like to get hints and helps in locating my Kudra,
                        Hospodar, Sabo families. They are the ones I have no up to date knowledge
                        of any of them, with that surname Given a gift to the #1 genalogy site,
                        nothing was obtained concerning them.
                        Blessings, Vera

                        Message 11 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
                          >>> I would like to get hints and helps in locating my Kudra, Hospodar, Sabo families. <<<

                          Surname(s) alone won't do. We need a village name or something that points to a village.
                        • htcstech
                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
                            JohnQ,
                            'Nemtelen' has a lot of meanings and in this case probably means homeless,
                            destitute etc.. It is not a town/village name.
                            As far as I can make out, the village name is Koleshos or Koleskos-Szarmezo
                            or something similar. Szarmezo means 'muddy fields'. Not sure about the
                            first word.

                            Peter M

                            Message 13 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
                              John,

                              I believe that I did inform the site , the known town is Micholovce, SK.
                              That is the only town meniton in my family history. Vera