Hospodar, George and Sabo, Kudra

  • a281apple
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 29, 2012
      Hello,

      I am interested in connecting with my family relatives that I have never met. Would like to connect with anyone who is a descendent of JOHN (b. 1848)and ANNE HOSPODAR KUDRA(b. 1850, d. 1910-age 85), , GEORGE and MARY KUDRA SABO, MIKE AND JULIS SABO MARGA, JOHN AND JULIE SABO HOSPODAR , MIKE and MARY SABO KOHUTE. My mother ,ANNA SABO (m. JAN BELEY) was born in the town of MICHALOVCE, SLOVAKIA.

      I do not know if some of these families live in, or in the towns surrounding Michalovce. Since, SLOVAKIA was under control of different leaders, do not know the specific named places of these births.

      Am providing my e-mail address, incase there might be someone who is a blood relative , and would like to exchange information as to the relationship of the names listed at the beginning of this message. I appreciate any and all responses to this request. Hope to hear from a long-lost relative. God Bless.

      I am vera B. Holman, MT. SPRINGS, NEVADA, USA
      E-MAIL ADDRESS: veracious.h@...
    • MGMojher
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 29, 2012
        Vera,
        Here is the listing for the surname Hospodar from the 1995 Slovak Census: 163 listings for Hospodar in 34 locations. Below are the top 10 locations. As you can see Michalovce is #1 location. The town of Trebisov,#2. is near Michalovce.
        Your problem is you have a large number of people with the surname Hospodar. What you want to find are the descendants of Anne Hospodar’s family. That is going to take some research.
        Priezvisko HOSPODÁR sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 163×, celkový počet lokalít: 34, najčastejšie výskyty v lokalitách:
        MICHALOVCE, okr. MICHALOVCE – 59×;
        TREBIŠOV, okr. TREBIŠOV – 10×;
        ZÁPAD (obec KOŠICE), okr. KOŠICE – 10×;
        LOMNÉ, okr. SVIDNÍK (od r. 1996 STROPKOV) – 7×;
        NITRIANSKA STREDA, okr. TOPOĽČANY – 6×;
        STROPKOV, okr. SVIDNÍK (od r. 1996 STROPKOV) – 6×;
        PREŠOV, okr. PREŠOV – 5×;
        SVIDNÍK, okr. SVIDNÍK – 5×;
        KALUŽA, okr. MICHALOVCE – 4×;
        SENICA, okr. SENICA – 4×;

        The online telephone directory has 35 listings for Hospodar in Michalovce - http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/+HOSPOD%C3%81R+/MICHALOVCE/

        The Kundra surname in the 1995 Census had 86 listings in 32 locations. Of the top 10 9 villages are in Eastern Slovakia. Two towns share both surnames, Zapad and Presov.
        Priezvisko KUNDRA sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 86×, celkový počet lokalít: 32, najčastejšie výskyty v lokalitách:
        KUKOVÁ, okr. BARDEJOV (od r. 1996 SVIDNÍK) – 15×;
        RUŽINOV (obec BRATISLAVA), okr. BRATISLAVA – 7×;
        SOLIVAR (obec PREŠOV), okr. PREŠOV – 6×;
        BARDEJOV, okr. BARDEJOV – 5×;
        GIRALTOVCE, okr. BARDEJOV (od r. 1996 SVIDNÍK) – 4×;
        PREŠOV, okr. PREŠOV – 4×;
        ZÁPAD (obec KOŠICE), okr. KOŠICE – 4×;
        SABINOV, okr. PREŠOV (od r. 1996 SABINOV) – 3×;
        SPIŠSKÁ NOVÁ VES, okr. SPIŠSKÁ NOVÁ VES – 3×;
        STROPKOV, okr. SVIDNÍK (od r. 1996 STROPKOV) – 3×;
[...]

        E-MAIL ADDRESS: mailto:veracious.h%40gmail.com

      • John
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 29, 2012
          >>> JOHN (b. 1848)and ANNE HOSPODAR KUDRA(b. 1850, d. 1910-age 85 <<<

          What religion?

          BASIC RESEARCH HELP
          For basic research help, be sure to visit Bill Tarkulich's excellent site at http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/

          FamilySearch Wiki has a Slovakia Portal page where you can learn how to find, use, and analyze Slovak records of genealogical value. https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Portal:Slovakia
        • William C. Wormuth
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 29, 2012
            Vera,

            I suggest you look up the birth/Baptism records to find a house number.  Then. compare the addresses here and see if any live in the family Home.

            Write to them in English and I am sure they will respond.

            Z Bohom,

            Vilo

            http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Kudra/Michalovce/%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0 One Page

            http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/Kudra/Michalovce/%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0 Two Pages, 35 Entries.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 30, 2012
              >>> descendent of JOHN (b. 1848)and ANNE HOSPODAR KUDRA(b. 1850, d. 1910-age 85) <<<

              In the online RC and GC church records for Michalovce, there are no relevant instances of KUDRA births or marriages. HOSPODAR appears to be GC.

              We need to nail down a village name in order to get started.
            • Sue Martin
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 30, 2012
                The Slovakia portal web site no longer exists, at least not as the link you posted.

                Sue

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 30, 2012
                  ....haven't followed this thread completely, but have you checked out
                  the name/spelling KUDRICK?...My Mom used to speak of this name. I
                  believe from the area Michalovce/Cierne Pole/Trebisov.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 30, 2012
                    There are 33 Kudrik listed in the directory.  No Kudrick.; Hospodar lists 107 .

                    Z Bohom,

                    Vilo

                    ________________________________
                    ....haven't followed this thread completely, but have you checked out
                    the name/spelling KUDRICK?...My Mom used to speak of this name. I
                    believe from the area Michalovce/Cierne Pole/Trebisov.

                    > 1910-age 85) <<<
                    >
                    > In the online RC and GC church records for Michalovce, there are no
                    > relevant instances of KUDRA births or marriages. HOSPODAR appears to
                    > be GC.
                    >
                    > We need to nail down a village name in order to get started.

                  • vera holman
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 30, 2012
                      Thank you all, for your quick replies to my request. Appreciate all the
                      that still exists today!!

                      It is very overwhelming ,especially, since my experience lacks the
                      know-how of foreign research. Can one gain access to a possible list of
                      these , or at least a few of these Slovakian names , with their e-mail
                      address? The Best to All, Vera

                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 30, 2012
                        >>> Can one gain access to a possible list of these, or at least a few of these Slovakian names, with their e-mail address? <<<

                        Ladislav Belej
                        Lesne 77,
                        07101 Lesne
                        SLOVAKIA
                      • John
                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 30, 2012
                          >>> My mother,ANNA SABO (m. JAN BELEY) was born in the town of MICHALOVCE, SLOVAKIA. <<<

                          Born what year? Married where -- USA or Slovakia?
                        • vera holman
                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 30, 2012
                            John,
                            As far as I know , the wedding took place in Michalovce, SK.
                            My Dad Jan Beley (John Bailley ( americanized) was born in Loyalhanna,
                            PA.,on August 4, 1896.

                            It is confusing, I know. My grandparents (Janos and Maria Beley)came to
                            USA in 1895? , and stopped in the town of Loyalhanna, PA. Just this
                            summer, was able to learn about the eath, of my grandfater, Janos Beley.
                            He was killed in one of the mines in Loyalhanna, 1901?. When my Dad , was
                            about 5-6 years old, his mother Maria Timko Pavlisin Beley, packed up and
                            went back to Slovakia.
                            . On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 5:16 PM, John <johnqadam@...> wrote:

                            > **

                            > 1921.

                            Anna was born in the town of MICHALOVCE, SLOVAKIA. <<<They came to USA

                            Message 13 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
                              >>> When my Dad , was about 5-6 years old, his mother Maria Timko Pavlisin Beley, packed up and went back to Slovakia. <<<

                              In the RC records for Nizny Hrusov, there is a scant bit of information on page 447/658 that PAULISIN RC lived in Khmezo = Dlhe Klcovo.

                              IF we have the "right" Maria TIMKO, her birth is in the Nizny Hrusov RC records 20 August 1847 on page 81/672 and she is from Nemtelen, which I am unable to locate. If it is a nearby village, which one? OR, does is mean that both parents are from Dlhe Klcovo? Greater minds will need to be brought to bear on this question.

                              https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11566-34408-1?cc=1554443&wc=MMYV-5MV:n1204916007
                            • vera holman
                              Message 14 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
                                John,
                                Greatly, appreicate very much, your precious time in researching info on
                                my BELEY family. I would like to get hints and helps in locating my Kudra,
                                Hospodar, Sabo families. They are the ones I have no up to date knowledge
                                of any of them, with that surname Given a gift to the #1 genalogy site,
                                nothing was obtained concerning them.
                                Blessings, Vera

                                Message 15 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
                                  >>> I would like to get hints and helps in locating my Kudra, Hospodar, Sabo families. <<<

                                  Surname(s) alone won't do. We need a village name or something that points to a village.
                                • htcstech
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
                                    JohnQ,
                                    'Nemtelen' has a lot of meanings and in this case probably means homeless,
                                    destitute etc.. It is not a town/village name.
                                    As far as I can make out, the village name is Koleshos or Koleskos-Szarmezo
                                    or something similar. Szarmezo means 'muddy fields'. Not sure about the
                                    first word.

                                    Peter M

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
                                      John,

                                      I believe that I did inform the site , the known town is Micholovce, SK.
                                      That is the only town meniton in my family history. Vera