RE: [S-R] Re: Moravitz Morawitz et al

  • John
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 10, 2001
      At 06:51 AM 4/10/01 -0700, you wrote:
      >Heindl or Heindel. Thank you VERY MUCH!

      I found 4 Heindl in Plzen, which as Frank mentioned is 6 miles away. For
      some reason the Czech, unlike the Slovak, online phone book that I'm using
      does not seem to cover smaller towns. I also found about 6 Heindl in
      Prague (Praha). Try http://www.iol.cz/TLF/index.htm and see if you
      can get this reluctant software to cough up some small town information.

      John

    • Deidre Heindl
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 10, 2001
        Could you translate some of the areas so that I can enter it?
        Which word means last name/surname?

        I found 4 Heindl in Plzen, which as Frank mentioned is 6 miles away. For
        some reason the Czech, unlike the Slovak, online phone book that I'm using
        does not seem to cover smaller towns. I also found about 6 Heindl in
        Prague (Praha). Try http://www.iol.cz/TLF/index.htm and see if you
        can get this reluctant software to cough up some small town information.

        John

      • John
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 10, 2001
          At 09:36 AM 4/10/01 -0700, you wrote:
          >Could you translate some of the areas so that I can enter it?
          >Which word means last name/surname?
          >---------------------------------------------------------------------_->

          Unless you have Czech keyboard capability, make certain the Diakritika box
          in the lower right is unchecked.

          Pr^ijemni = surname
          Jmeno = given name
          Ulice = street

          Mesto/Obec = town/village

          Mestská cást: = postal code (I'm pretty sure.)

          On the right is Title, House number, and "beats me?" which normally aren't
          critical.

          John
        • John
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 10, 2001
            At 09:36 AM 4/10/01 -0700, you wrote:
            >Could you translate some of the areas so that I can enter it?
            >Which word means last name/surname?
            >---------------------------------------------------------------------_->

            Horní Bríza 330 12 okres Plzen-sever, pošta Horní Bríza, UTO 019 Plzen

            It looks like the postal code is 330 12, the county is Plzen-sever(?), the
            post office is Horni Briza, and the UTO, whatever that is, is 019 Plzen.

            I didn't translate the message I was getting correctly when I tried Horni
            Briza phone numbers. It was telling me that it didn't find the name of the
            person and not the name of the town. When I tossed in a sure thing surname
            like Svoboda or Novak it worked.

            UTO
            Prijmeni a jmeno
            Adresa
            019
            Svoboda Jaromir Horni Briza, K Trnove 117
            Svoboda Jaromir Horni Briza, U trati 577
            Svoboda Jaroslav Horni Briza, tr.1.maje 154
            Svoboda Milan Horni Briza, Komenskeho 613
            Svoboda Miroslav Horni Briza, Lipova 610
            Svoboda Vaclav Horni Briza, Sidlistni 489

            John
          • Imrich Petrov,M.D.
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 13, 2001
              >Mestská cást: = postal code (I'm pretty sure.)

              In my opinion " městská část " isn`t postal code. In Czech and Slovak
              Republic some cities
              are divided into parts . Městská část = part of the town.
              For example:
              Bratislava -Staré Mesto, Nové Mesto etc.
              Praha- Staré Město, Nové Město, Malá Strana etc.

              Imrich

            • jmatsko@prodigy.net
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 13, 2001
                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Imrich Petrov,M.D." <petrovi@n...> wrote:

                > >Mestská cást: = postal code (I'm pretty sure.)
                >
                > In my opinion " mìstská èást " isn`t postal code. In Czech and
                Slovak

                Date: 13 Apr 2001 22:54:21 -0000
                Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 15:54:21 -0700 (PDT)
                From: John Matsko <yawho2001@...>
                Subject: Re: [S-R] RE: Re: Moravitz Morawitz et al
                To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com

                --- "Imrich Petrov,M.D." <petrovi@...> wrote:

                > >Mestská cást: = postal code (I'm pretty sure.)
                >
                > In my opinion " mìstská èást " isn`t postal code.
                > In Czech and Slovak Republic some cities are divided
                into parts . Mìstská èást = part of the town.

                Thank you Imrich. I may have incorrectly designated mistska c^ast as
                a postal code. I was basing my guess on my letters to my cousin in
                Praha. Praha appears to be divided into several zones (parts). Part
                of his address is: 100 00 Praha 10. I thought the 10 designated the
                c^ast (part or code) and the 100 00 was the postal code.

                I just went to: http://www.iol.cz/TLF/ and tried putting in novo
                mesto in Mestska C^ast and got a response that said I must put in a
                number. When I put in the 10 (instead of the name) and my cousin's
                surname I was able to get his address and phone number. It appears
                that the 10 is the c^ast.

                John